Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
len0v0

Re: G470 not booting from USB pen drive

You need to write the ISO on USB-HDD mode, not in USB-HDD + mode. Many people fail to boot because of this error. Program as the "UltraISO" can help you, but it is shareware.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
finomeno

Well, none of my old pen drives work for booting on this laptop, still. They do work on other machines though.

I got a new  flash pen drive recently. Used the same procedure for creating a bootable linux installation disk on it as with the previous drives (Ubuntu's Startup Disk Creator utility). And all of a sudden it worked. On all machines including my G470.

I repeatedly checked three different pen drives with two different distros on them (Ubuntu 11.10 and Chakra 2011.12) one after another. They all work on a Sony, an HP and an MSI laptops, but only the new one works on the Lenovo. Must be some hardware issue.

So if anyone is experiencing the same problem, I suggest you try a recent flash drive.

Thanks everyone for trying to help!

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Haven't read back through the (oldish) thread...

Does the working flash drive have the partition set active, by any chance?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

SCSI Port
rzrfreefr

may this be fixed with updated bios :

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/40cn32ww_64bit.exe

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/lenovo# g470 s103t (Please Contact me if your s10-3T is booting win7 or support bluetooth, 3g)
Lenovo S10-3t | Model Name : 0651 | Mfg Date: 2010/06/08
Lenovo G470 | Model Name : 20078 | M fg Date: 11/03/23 | BIOS: 40CN23WW(V2.09) 06/20/2011 | CPU: i5-2410M | Linux version 3.3.4lenovog470+ (root@lap) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Debian 4.6.3-4) ) #8 SMP Tue May 1 10:23:48 CEST 2012
Fanfold Paper
wallawalla

I've got the same problem with my t430s. Working boot drive in a pen drive. Updated bios to 1.14 and still not working. I'm trying to load the Windows recovery data. When I went to create the recovery d data on actual discs it says I can only create one copy! Gahhh very frustrating
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

wallawalla,

This may help to burn a set of media: Boot Media

Note, we're talking about a ThinkPad here (in the Essential board - where it doesn't belong).  This won't apply to the G series discussed in this thread.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Fanfold Paper
wallawalla

[ Edited ]

Thanks zoltanthegypsy, my apologies for posting in the wroing forum. That link is exactly what I was looking for.

The issue I'm having is exactly as described by the posters here so I thought it might be releveant.

Paper Tape
1234_vicky

Re: b490 not booting from USB pen drive

i am trying from evening with the help of my pendrive i am not able to updae my system

what are the steps to boot from pendrive in lenovo b490