Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
cyborg_ar
Accepted Solution

G530 Overheating problem?

[ Edited ]

Austral summer, it's 35°C here, and my dear G530 is getting really hot when running CPU-heavy stuff, i'm using it over a firm and flat surface, the fan is spinning, the heatsink looks clean, but it still manages to reach crazy temperatures (a few minutes ago it reached 85°C!) until i go and underclock it using the cpu speed applet and kill all the heavy processes, still, the whole thing gets very hot to the touch. Does anybody else experience this? Is it normal for it to reach such temperatures? Any recommendations?

Fanfold Paper
delfy

Re: G530 Overheating problem?

Hello cyborg_ar,

have you checked if your fan is dirty? Sometime when the fan is dirty (there is a lot of dust on it) it cannot ventilate the CPU properly and this is causing the CPU to reach crazy temperatures and often even damage it (together with the motherboard). If you want to clean it yourself i think in the computer shops you could find small bottles with compressed air and try to blow the fan from the outside, otherwise it would be best to handle it to a Lenovo certified service provider, so they can test it for you and see if the problem is there.

Regards,

Delfy

Retired Guru
Duck3

Get a notebook cooler pad with fans to increase airflow.

Do you have Nvidia graphics? Generally hotter running.

Dead of winter here, -25c this morning!

Blue Screen Again
cyborg_ar

[ Edited ]

@Delfy, The heatsink/fan assembly actually looked very clean form the outside, but when i blowed it with some compressed air a small dust cloud came out XD and now the temperatures are much lower. Thank you :]