Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
StephenJohn

Re: G550 Alps touchpad New driver 7.7.1602.501

I'm using a Lenovo G550 with Windows 7. The original touchpad had no option to switch off the tap facility. I wanted to turn it off because I'm heavy handed and do not like the touchpad tap feature.

My retailer installed a new touchpad driver but that one caused the internet to spasmodically jump back a couple of screens.

Having now installed the new Alps touchpad driver developed by Cleo_Lenovo and published on 28-12-10 I'm now experiencing a stuck tap on the touchpad thus irritatingly creating a range paint instead of just moving around the document.

And, in addition I'm getting an apoint.exe error message pop-up every time I start up the laptop.

Can someone please recommend a touchpad driver that will resolve these issues?

Many thanks

What's DOS?
HikingDave

As noted in an earlier comment on this forum, I installed the new driver. I now have a problem that I don't recall having before. Every now and then, when I turn on my computer, the keyboard doesn't work at all. I can move the mouse around but I can't use any of the keys. Shutting down usually fixes it but sometimes I have to shut down several times before the keys start working again. 

Anyone else have this problem since installing the new driver?

Community Moderator
yigit

un-install the drivers, restart your computer then install again.
if it doesn't work, try to use vista drivers instead of.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Serial Port
boyee

Is it possible to have the "Tap Off When Typing" feature on a G560? I tried installing numerous ALPS drivers and I never get the "Tapping" tab where the option should be. Any help is appreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

have you tried to change/activate the settings?
( control panel > hardware & sound > mouse > device settings )

Serial Port
boyee

Yes I have and that just brings up Mouse Properties which changes slightly by having fewer or more tabs depending on the driver. The closest thing I have is under the Pointer tab where there is an option that says "Hide Pointer While Typing" which is checked but the pointer never hides. I want the Tapping tab with the "Tap Off When Typing" because I have this on my other laptop and it seems to work great. I can also adjust the delay of the tap feature after my last keystroke.

Or perhaps I can find a software instead of finding it in a driver.

Or Lenovo could have just made the touchpad smaller and not so close to the keyboard.

Community Moderator
yigit

do you have alps touchpad on your other laptop?
if so, check the driver versions.

Serial Port
boyee

@yigit

Thank you so much for your help.

I do have alps touchpad onmy other laptop. I have downloaded drivers from their site and had to uniextract them to install which installs successfully but still no Tapping tab. Perhps there is a limitation to the compatibility of all of the features, which include the Tapping tab containing the Tap Off when Typing feature, of the driver to the touchpad hardware on my G560.

Community Moderator
yigit

you can try to install vista drivers instead of, it may work.

What's DOS?
justbet502

I've installed this latest driver, but now none of my tap functions work either for single or double-clicking. I've changed settings in the control panel, but to no avail. Any suggestions.