Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HE
Paper Tape
HE

Re: G550 Bios Update Fail

WOW - finally a solution to try - TY

And sry for not beeing able to find/read other looooong threads with same discussions
Community Moderator
yigit

did it work?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Community Moderator
yigit

Paper Tape
Manijakh

[ Edited ]

ceez

I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES! THANK YOU!!!! 

:heart::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::heart:

That means it worked...

What's DOS?
myrelus31

[ Edited ]

Hello can you to put the file on another site or mail to my plzzz. The link not work.

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

What's DOS?
Erasmus88

Re: G550 BIOS update failed. Reset CMOS?

Hey Ceez I was wondering if you might be willing to elaborate on a few things. I am having the same problem you had. Same make and model. I attempted to recreated everything you said in your post. There are a few things I am not sure about though.

1) When you say: Detach laptop battery and cut power from mains.

and

Plug mains and then press the power up botton of your laptop.

I don't understand what you mean by "mains". Seems obvious to think you mean the power cord.. but since this isn't working for me I might be getting something wrong.

2) You explain that you are getting some beep codes. I am getting no beep codes at all. It could be that my USB drive won't work for this and I'll have to try another.  From what I gather from your post you were getting beep codes all along. 

Thanks for making this post, it's the first glimer of hope since this bogus bios update Lenovo has dumped on us.

What's DOS?
ultrafonic

I am in the same position, tried a few USB sticks, no blinking or beeping, just a flick of the HDD and fan is on ...
Serial Port
Crommy

hi, i upgraded my bios to v2.53 and my fan doesn't seem to cool of the cpu, as it turns on when its 52-55C then turns off at 50C, i need the old verion 2.51 or 2.50 which made the fan work on 35-40C.

What's DOS?
mguelhs

I could relive my G550 with the method explained in this forum, all you had to do to get me a pendrive Kingston functions of 512M, and I had one of 1G, 8G and did not work. But it is possible to recover the G550.
Good luck to all.

What's DOS?
pburgh

[ Edited ]

I bricked my G530 (4446) trying to flash a BIOS.  Now I am up the river without a paddle.

My G530 was running WIndows 7 64 bit, but now it won't even hit the BIOS splash screen when I hit the power button.   I've read this entire thread a few times and I can't seem to find the required files for my particular model laptop. 

Has anyone had luck flashing the latest BIOS for the G530 via USB drive on boot?  I am going crazy!

Thanks!