Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
fwind

G550 Energy Management Problem

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this before.

When you set Energy Management software to "Super Energy Saver" mode, it turns off a couple of functions like sound card, bluetooth, ethernet etc. and Wireless Network Card is one of them.

The problem is when you turn it back to "Balanced" or to some other option, the particular card remains closed. You can choose not to close it from the advanced options menu, however you can only access advanced options menu when you're using "Super Energy Saver" mode (the button dissapears in other modes). So, it is a vicious circle. I've tried activating wireless manually, but it looks like it is already open (device manager etc.) everywhere.

At the very end I've tried uninstalling the program, which didn't work either; the card remained closed, and I was left without internet until I've noticed that I had the setup file of it. At the moment, I have to use "Super Energy Saver" mode, and set it to not to close Wireless Network Card.

Where do you think the program disables Wireless? How can I reopen it?

Thank you.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: G550 Energy Management Problem

first of all, you need power management. it also includes system files that you can use turn on/off some functions such as wireless.
after re-installing, press fn + f5 and/or switch on/of the wireless.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com