Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
JuanCarlosBT
Accepted Solution

G560 boots with no HD but doesn't when HD pluged-in

Well, this laptop is a piece of sh...

I've deleted the partition table, reboot and then the computer freezes. Push F2 and it says "Entering Setup..." but nothing happens. When push F12 the same thing...

So I've read that if you remove the HD the computer continues to boot, and it does! (clearly a bug) And you can even enter BIOS or select a Boot media. But of course I need a HD. I think that the problem is deleting the hidden partition (might be wrong) and when the HD does not find it, it freezes. It's a bug, but it doesn't allow me to use the HD.

So what I'm trying to do is trying to recover the partition table with testdisk (Linux) plugging the HD to my desktop computer.

What would be nice if someone has this hidden partition, you could make an image of it and upload it somewhere. Because there might be a chance I won't be able to recover it. And I'll also need information about the partition so I can make it, in case I need to do so...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: G560 boots with no HD but doesn't when HD pluged-in

you shouldn't have deleted the partition.
as i read somewhere in this forum, there's an application to fix it but i don't remember where it is. you can try to search.

and you can order recovery dvds by calling lenovo, just in case you may need.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
JuanCarlosBT

Re: G560 boots with no HD but doesn't when HD pluged-in

I've fixed! I've delete all partitions and patition table. I've created a new partition table with an ext4 partition and it worked.

So problem solved.

Sorry to bother you.