Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 126

Re: G560 hibernation/sleep problem

[ Edited ]

@Cleo After get back my laptop with another BIOS version (I think it was 1.08) i didn't have any hibernation problem. I flashed to 2.08 because want to have an updated BIOS. I think that can be a motherboard thing or an OS thing (because I have a custom Windows installation with some Lenovo software like Power Management, OneKey Theater).

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
baitoz

No, before one month i update BIOS to 2.08 - and problem stand over.

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 126

@baitoz do you have the preinstalled OS installed o do you have a custom installation?

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
baitoz

[ Edited ]

I install OS on my laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate x 64 - clear instalation 6 months before, when i buy laptop and instalation has full!! I buy him with clear HDD there is'nt OS.  After that i not reinstall or clear install new Win7 on this mashine because laptop work fine (this is'nt big problem to me) and i have no time to reinstall OS.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 137

[ Edited ]

baitoz,

I think probably due to some software conflict or settings. Let me understand this. Do you have Lenovo software such as Lenovo Energy Management (for power management), Lenovo OneKey Theatre? If yes, what are the versions?

What's your graphic card and its driver version? Are you able to install graphic card driver? I appreciate if you can use the drivers downloaded from Lenovo support site. I had a private message from another user that the v2.08 does not help the sleep issue therefore i want to know more how it happened. But there is no response from that user until now.

If you provide us those input, that would be helpful!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
grande

It is not clear yet whether it is a driver problem or a BIOS issue. What is clear is that what works for one may not work for others or viceversa. It looks like it depends on the driver version, OS version and installation and also on what BIOS version is on it. So by my opinion, what needs to be done is to clarify and state clearly which versions of OS, VGA driver and BIOS installed together are solving this cancer.

People are trying too many different ways to solve this but no one is able to work them together and "find a way out". lenovo R&D or tech support staff needs to do this simultaneously in a serious way and to make an announcement the sooner they find out the proper and stable solution. It is still very very annoying and disappointing that this issue goes on forever. Months or maybe years passed by over this issue but no one at lenovo has even tried to save the reputation except you.

You are "desperately" trying to save the Titanic with a plastic spoon; it would be unfair to blame you for this but looks like no one but you is taking this serious enough to make us say "oh, the guys are at least trying to do something". If anyone would give a dirt for our opinion, you can tell them that we are all still pissed off and angry. I honestly have made a lot of friends change their minds when they asked me of buying or not a lenovo product and I feel not sorry for this.

With all that being said, if you still want to try and help any of us in here, I think you should also try to be more subjective and practical. The plastic spoon... is not working Cleo :smileyhappy:

Cleo_Lenovo

grande,

You are certainly right. This issue doesn't happen to all units with the same model. So the same for the engineer i've in contact with. How nice if i can get hold of the affected machine!

I'm really grateful for your understanding. Titanic vs plastic spoon, cool. It's always not easy to be at this position. I'll see what i can do.

baitoz, i've sent a PM to you, can you check it out? Many thanks!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Not sure if this will help. Would you mind to try to disable the CPU Power Management in bios and check if problem persists?

In addition, if any of you have sent machine to service centre for repair but still could not get problem resolved, and no resolution provided from service engineer, please send me a private message with a picture of the scanned service paper given by service centre. Make sure it contains your full name, phone contact, serial number, service case number.

Our engineer is interested to know what had been done by the service centre.

Thank you!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Ctrl-Alt-Del
larrycore

Like most of the others here, I can't get Suspend to work correctly.  It goes to sleep just fine, but when I wake it back up it will give me the Windows logon screen, let me logon, then it will completely lock up.

G560

4 gig RAM

Intel HD video

Windows 7 Home x64

What I have tried - updated BIOS to 2.08 - no help.  Wiped drive and installed clean (not from lenovo) version of Windows 7 x64 and x32 - same exact issue.  Interesting point though - after a generic Windows install there is no Sleep option.  After downloading and installing the Intel Chipset driver from the lenovo site the Sleep option appears.  It locks when sleeping at this point, before installing any other drivers.  By any chance is there a newer version of the Intel Chipset drivers available?

I just looked in BIOS to see about disabling CPU Power Management, but there are no power management options in BIOS that I can find - there are very few options in there at all.

So, I have this laptop that I plan to give my daughter for Christmas, for school.  Between classes she needs to be able to put it to sleep.  She can't.  I'll have to have her use Hibernate instead, which is considerably slower.  Merry Christmas, here's a broken laptop for you.  Makes me feel great, let me tell you...

Anyone have any other ideas on how this might be able to be fixed?  I really don't want to dissappoint my daughter on Christmas morning.

What's DOS?
kmax

I have the same issue with sleep mode. It doesn't wake up. The screen stays blank and no response from the keyboard. The power indicator goes from blinking to on, but nothing happens. It's just frozen.

I've updated to the latest BIOS - no change.

Bought it as a gift and now facing to deal with warranty instead of happy Christmas. Thank you, Lenovo.