Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
concealed

G560 often freezing for 1 second for seemingly no reason

[ Edited ]

Sorry if this has been covered; I tried a search already but didn't come up with anything that relates to my problem.

I just got a standard G560 a couple of weeks ago. For the most part it's great, but for some reason every once and a while, it'll freeze for just about 1 second and wait for everything to catch up. Audio doesn't stop playing, but if I'm scrolling in Firefox, typing something, etc., it'll just stop for a second. I'm using the version of Windows 7 that came with it, by the way, and this will happen even if no programs are running and I'm just browsing something in Windows Explorer.

I can't really figure out a pattern regarding when it occurs. I don't have a lot of processes running, the only antivirus program I have going is Avira (32 bit, but the problem still happens even if all processes related to Avira are killed), and I've checked Task Manager / Resource Monitor when this happens, and there doesn't seem to be any spikes or unusual activity.

My first thought was to do with the RAM, since 2gb is pretty small for a 64bit system, but like I said, it doesn't peak or anything when it happens, so I can't really say for sure it has anything to do with that.

Any ideas? It doesn't happen often enough to easily trace it to anything, but it happens often enough to notice...could it be a graphics driver issue? Since it's seemingly random, I can't duplicate the problem at will. It just...happens.

If anybody has any experience with this, I would really appreciate it!

What's DOS?
willockss

Re: G560 often freezing for 1 second for seemingly no reason

you are lucky just for 1 second, i bought this 1 month ago, and i must restart because is freezing

i test everything, but nothing can find this problem why is happening like this

Regards,

Stefan

Community Moderator
yigit

try to swap ram sticks or re-seat and make sure you select high performance on power management.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
Boris_yo

Have you figured out what is the problem with your laptop?

Serial Port
boyee

I have the exact same symptoms you are describing except its more like 2-3 seconds. I am just running Firefox browser and Word 2007. Although Firefox does consume a lot of resources, I have 3GB of ram not 2GB with a P6200 processor and my power plan is set on High Performance. Also I do notice spikes in CPU usage/load when the momentary freezing occurs. I have another laptop with an old T5500 1.66GHz processor and 2GB of ram and never had anyfreezing problems and I run it a lot harder than just a browser and word processor.

Serial Port
Boris_yo

My problem is same as yours. I can reproduce it, i know how. I will tell you: open any Internet Explorer and have a few tabs opened. Hover mouse over Internet Explorer active application item i.e at the middle bottom where all active windows are between "Start" and "Taskbar". Now wait until the above few opened windows float. Once that happens start circling around with your mouse between opened windows and active application item and you might see freeze.

Let me know how this goes for you.

Community Moderator
yigit

have you checked power manager? issue still persists on "high performance"?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Serial Port
boyee

I actually have a feeling that this has to do something with the video chipset or integrated graphics controller hanging for a few seconds intermittently. This is because when I watch videos, the sound keeps playing and only the video freezes. Another example is when I am typing it seems that my computer froze because it would intermittently stop displaying the what I am typing, but then after a few seconds all of what I have typed since the display froze catches up as if I was typing super fast.

I think this is a serious issue as I along with a few others have already experienced exact symptoms we all described. I hope someone from Lenovo reading this will raise the issue to engineering to look into this freezing problem.

My laptop info:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Version    6.1.7600 Build 7600
Processor    Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU        P6200  @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 29CN38WW(V2.15), 1/28/2011
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    3.00 GB
Adapter Type    Intel(R) HD Graphics (Pentium), Intel Corporation compatible

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Hey boyee,

could you try something out ?

- uninstall the current video driver
- restart sys
- let Win7 install its generic drivers

check if it occurs.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

Guys, what's happens if you kill "Smart Audio" process? Just to know.

Regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo