Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mrbk24
Accepted Solution

G560 touchpad issue

[ Edited ]

Hey aftrer long way with that touchpad I found that this is a driver problem and not hardware in my case hope it will help you too...

First of all uninstall that touchpad driver : ELAN DRIVER it's so bad ...

Go to :

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

Download your Platform and install , every time it asks to restart, restat your laptop.

NOW your touchpad and keys underit should work smooth and great. It works for me excellent.

Hope this thread eventually will help G series notebooks users to be pleased by their laptop.

Thanks in advance,

B.K. , Israel

subject edited 

Paper Tape
mrbk24

Hi, LENOVO G560 TOUCHPAD AND KEYS!

Hi , I have bought this new brand latop like 2 weeks ago . I have noticed that I have a big problem with the touchpad - the response and the smooth movement works so bad. I JUST NEED A NORMAL TOUCHPAD FOR WORK NOTHING MORE THAN IT and the 2 keys : right and left like are hard to press and sometimes they don't respond. if u have any solution or fix for this problem please help cause for such big company like lenovo it's something I could not expect.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bob.

Paper Tape
mrbk24

Re: Hi, LENOVO G560 TOUCHPAD AND KEYS!

Someone please ?
Punch Card
digitaleagle

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the new Lenovo idea of saving a few bucks by putting a substandard touchpad on their low end laptops. 

There is one very large thread here on the G550 which is probably applicable to the G560 as well.  I believe they all use the ALPS touchpad hardware instead of Synaptics...and that is where the problem starts.  (IMO ALPS makes garbage touchpads that are flakey and unresponsive - they get even worse when they get any kind of finger oil on them - so wipe them off regularly) 

You can probably go in and fine tune the settings to make it better than it is now if you haven't done so already.  Go into the touchpad options under Advanced settings - you will find a lot of things to tweak.  You will probably get better performance by setting the pointer speed all the way up.  You are right - the mouse buttons are way too hard to depress.  (Another design problem of the ALPS touchpad.)

The amazing thing to me is Lenovo has had decent touchpads for the last 10+ years all the way back to when IBM owned them on the Thinkpad brand.  Why they would screw with the most important item on a laptop to save a few bucks is beyond comprehension.  I won't buy another Lenovo again just because of this.  I know a lot of others feel the same way.  THIS WAS JUST A DUMB BUSINESS DECISION LENOVO!  Are they listening?  No - they could care less as they already have your money. 

Also check if there is a newer driver available.   They just released a 7.7  beta version for the G550 which is a much better driver than we had in the past.  It is better, but still not like it should be, nor IMO will it ever be unless they replace the touchpad with better hardware.  Even so - it is the best one that is out there right now.  I'm not sure if it has been generally released yet or if it will work on the  G560- but it probably will.  Just make sure you get the right version - (I.E. 32 bit vs. 64 bit)  I have a 32 bit Windows 7 OS.   PM me if you want me to send it to you.  The worst thing  that could happen is it won't work very well and you could just go back to the previous driver.  

Here is the link to the very long thread I started over a year ago.

Happy reading and I hope this helps. 

Merry Xmas by the way. 

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Value-line/When-will-Lenovo-fix-the-G550-ALPS-touchpad-p...

Paper Tape
mrbk24

Hey, thanks for the explanation man but I'm not gonna give up for lenovo I have warranty and I'm goona call them and talk to them on the worst case scenario I will insist on giving me another laptop or changing the hardware I want this touchpad to work and I will post here all my way until we as customers get what we want and if it doesn't happen I will go to the t.v. And they will see who is stronger. It was their huge mistake to sell me this bull**bleep**.

Paper Tape
bob6k

G560 Touchpad

Hey, I know there are probably a lot of posts about this but I'm looking for some clarificatoin on the issue.

I'm looking at getting this G650. I've read up on it and have obviously come across the touchpad issue. However all the professional reviews I've read don't mention the touchpad and some of the user reviews don't either. Is the bad touchpad only on certain models or have they have fixed the issue entirely? I've noticed all the UK based reviews are good and all the bad comments seem to be coming from US users. I'm in the UK, did they ship a different batch over here that doesn't have the issue?

I'd appreciate any clarification you can provide.

Fanfold Paper
whatsoever

Re: G560 Touchpad

There are some minor issues (for me at least) but its ok.Sometimes it freezes and you have to lift your finger to get it running again and in very rare cases the right-click doesn't work from the first time, but overall its ok (for me at least)

Fanfold Paper
whatsoever

Re: HEY !!! Solution for Lenovo G560 series touchpad, workds for me !!!!

If the problem it was supposed to solve was the freezing... this driver fails just like the other one.I am happy if it worked for you, but it didn't for me

IBJ
Paper Tape
IBJ

Did not solve my problem I could not get the Synaptics driver to load at all. Anyone any solution for this very annoying problem

Fanfold Paper
saxenaabhi6

i got the problem that my touch pad just dont respons to any clicks until i fn+disable and fn+enable it ....

and this happen in every 5 minutes