Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Re: G560 touchpad

[ Edited ]

Not to appear stupid but if I delete the driver first won't I lose the touchpad?

How do I manuever around to do the download and install?

Community Moderator
yigit

windows will install the drivers even if you don't re-install it.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Windows will install a drivere???? Perhaps tha tis what happening.

It seems if I haven't booted my machine in awhile all of sudden the tapping feature of the touchpad gets turned on and it is ultra senstive. I have to reboot and then the tapping function is one again turned off. It is like the Touchpad drivers gets swapped out and the one that comes in uses tapping and ultra senstive.

Do you still think I should try the new driver? If it doesn't work how do I recover my old driver.

Can someone give me detailed step by step instructions on how to do this?

How do I delete my old driver? How do I do the download? How do I do the install? How do I set my desired options in the new driver?

Maybe I'm a jerk but it seems like someone from Lenovo should be addressing this issue and offering users that don't swap drivers everyday detailed instructions on how to do  this.  Hey I got an idea how about a auto upgrade, since my machine asks if I want to check for the latest driver why don't they place the new one with everything that has to be done in a new driver package that can automatically downloaded.

Right now some instructions will help me.  Thanks

Fanfold Paper
Justaned

I need help. The touchpad issue is becoming a problem and I being forced to depend on the my laptop more and more.

I don't mean to be super cautious but I don't want to make the matter worst.

I understand I need to install a new driver and that I should delete the old one first.

To me that seems like my machine will be without touchpad support  before I can get the new driver installed.

I asked and someone said that windows will automatically reload a driver.  Okay then why did I delete it just to have windows install it?

Could this be my problem all along? For some reason windows is loading a driver that doesn't know I have tapping turned off, so I have to reboot to get my driver with tapping turned off back into the system?

Okay if I go with blind faith delete my driver, install the new driver and instead of fixing things, things actually get worst. Is there a way to recover with a complete reload of my system? 

Please I need a little help and some assurance of what I need to do.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Should I be calling Lenovo on this instead of using this forum? My machine is in warrantee.

Community Moderator
yigit

run one key recover application under windows, select "system recovery" system will reboot and start for recovery mode. follow the instructions.
( files will be deleted on system volume "c:" , backup files before )

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

How is that going to fix my touch pad problem? 

If I understand you right what you are suggesting going to restore my system to it's original condition.

What I need to do is load the new driver someone told me about from the Lenovo site but they didn't give me any directions how to do it or how to recover if something goes wrong.

I'm looking for step by step instructions on what exactly to do to down load the new touch pad driver, load it into my machine and get everything working the way it should.   Can you or anyone else help me accomplish that?

IPnaSh
Kudos: 372
Solutions: 127

1. Go to Lenovo website and download current driver for your laptop model (same that you have installed currently).
  2. Uninstall your current driver.
  3. Download the driver I posted before and install it.

That's it.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Okay my worst fears have been realized! I deleted my old driver. that seemed to work.

I downloaded and that seemed to work.

I installed and got a message driver may not have loader correctly.

But there was a green arrow pointing to a place that said driver did load correctly so I clicked it.

Nolw I don't get the scroll icon nor can I turn off tapping. 

What a mess. I'm sick I messed this up and now I will probably have to reload everything.

Can someone help me?????

Please give me step by step instructions as I just know enough to be dangerous.

IPnaSh
Kudos: 372
Solutions: 127

You forgot to download your current driver.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=67873

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Okay I'm totally lost.

I tried to do what was told to me and I think I dug a huge hole.

Here is what I finally did, I went to website you listed above and downloaded the ELAN driver listed there.

I don't exactly what happened but I ended up with a touch pad that has tapping turned off and I see the scroll icon when I use scrolling.

The driver that is now listed is ELAN dated 6/22/2010          7.0.4.18

I'm not sure but I think what was driver I started with. I think I went through all this agony for nothing :-(

I apparently don't know what I'm doing and need help.

Can some one please tell me what I need to do. Step by step????????

How to I delete my old driver, how do I download my current driver and how do I download and install the new driver.

This is making a lick of sense to me. If I delete my old drive, down load the current won't that put it back on? Then how do I install the new driver..

Should I just give up and call Lenovo??????

Help me !!!!!!!  Please and thanks so much for you patience and your help so far.

Justaned