Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Re: G560 touchpad

I don't understand.

Here is what you said to do

1. Go to Lenovo website and download current driver for your laptop model (same that you have installed currently).
  2. Uninstall your current driver.
  3. Download the driver I posted before and install it.

That's it.

Step 1 download my current driver??? Won't that simply install it?

Step 2 Uninstall you current driver.  Exactly how should I do this?

Step 3 Download the driver I posted before and install it? When I did that it didn't work.

I'm either over thinking this or I missing something.

In any case I just downloaded and installed I guess what was my current driver.  AS I posted above I now have my touchpad, and scroll icon and tapping turned off. Life is good. But will tapping stay off or do I still need to download something,

Help me I'm so confused and like I said I know enough to be dangerous and that is probably my problem.

However in my defense I asked for detailed step by step instructions.

Please Help and thanks so much for the your help so far

Serial Port
jeffsyang

no offense, but you are definitely overthinking the steps. Downloading the driver won't automatically install it. 

here are the steps:

1) download the driver from the website (put onto desktop)

2) go to start, type in "device manager", look at "mice and other pointing device", click on the triangle next to it, double click on "elan ps/2 port smart-pad", a window should pop up, go to driver in that window, and select uninstall, and follow steps

3) restart computer

4) once restarted, double click on the driver you downloaded on your desktop

5) follow steps to install

6) restart computer

7) click on the triangle on the bottom right on the taskbar, look for the mousepad icon/elan icon, double click on it, under "tapping" uncheck "enable", apply, and ok. 

I don't exactly know what you did before these steps, but this should disable the tapping feature on your mousepad. If it didn't, please tell me if in device manager under mice and other pointing device, you see anything other than "elan ps/2 port smart-pad" or "HID-compliant mouse". If not go to start, type in "msconfig" and under "startup" do you see two+ "elan" startup items or one "elan" and a "synaptic" item or any other combination of the two drivers? 

Serial Port
jeffsyang

Re: G560 Touchpad

After using the drivers IPnaSh suggested, It was pretty nice for a period of time, but the few minor quirks started getting to me. The first was the lack of sensitivity of the touchpad. Sometimes, i would need to tap the touchpad more than twice for it to register. The scroll side of the touchpad is also quite insensitive. I switched back to the g560 driver and it works very well since it doesn't have those quirks. It makes the touchpad very sensitive and scrolling is dynamic and sensitive. However, the only thing is that when chrome is open, three finger tap will register, but won't execute. However, when all of chrome's processes are closed (close chrome), three finger tap works fine. Is this a problem at lenovos end, or google's end? I researched online and found that some people had the same issue, but I am not sure about their computer specs and touchpad driver. Could someone please verify that the g560 driver compatibility issue with chrome is lenovo's side or google's side? @Jamez, would you need any event logs or anything? If so, please tell me how, since it would be the first time I did so.

Serial Port
jeffsyang

bump.....

ANYBODY CONFIRM MY PROBLEM YET?????????

Fanfold Paper
Justaned

after reading your replies and of your experience I wonder if reloading to a new driver will even resolve my problem. My problem is after some period of time my laptop seems to lose the Elan Lenovo touchpad driver and goes back to what appears to be the default driver. I notice it because all of sudden tapping on my touchpad (which I normally have off) starts working.

I must then reboot and everything seems fine until it happens again. I may happen once every two days or it might not happen for a week or two.

I reallly like this Lenovo but truthfully the touchpad is a weak link, and that seeems lot to me since touchpads have been around for some time. I would think Lenovo would get it right.  

My question is since there is so many posts on this subject it isn't just a few remote cases. Is Lenovo working on the problem or have they taken the attitude of sticking their heads in the sand?

Somebody we need help on this problem surely there is a solution.

Thanks for any help.

Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Well this is working real well. Ask if Lenovo is working on the problem and you are deafened y the silence.

What gives does anyone from Lenovo monitor this forum?  Am I wasting time posting here?

Any adviceany help greatly appreciated

Justaned

What's DOS?
mkmobile

I welcome. Do I have the same problem whether you managed to find a solution?
Fanfold Paper
Justaned

I see this problem is marked fixed and I would like to know the fix.

My problem is a don't like tapping on my touchpad so I turn it off.

However after a period of time usually when the battery runs low tapping magically begins working.

I go into the Elan touchpad setup panel and tapping enabled is not checked.

To get the tapping to stop I have to power down completely and do a power on boot.

Then the touch pad works perfectly and tapping is disabled.

Until it magically starts to work again.

I have tried to download new drivers and things got real scarely real fast. So I have lived with the problem but tonight I had the problem again so I figured I would do a new search on G560 and touchpad. I found this old thread with a check mark (fixed) indicator so I would love to know the fix.

I really tired of this problem please help me. Give me detail step by step procedures since I can tend to get lost quickly.

Thanks

Fanfold Paper
Justaned

I'm bumping this to the top, I still have a serious problem and nothing I have done has fixed it.

It seems that when the battery goes low I might lose the Elan driver and the system begins using the windows driver that doesn't have tapping turned off.

I don't care which driver the system uses is there a way to turn tapping off in the windows driver?

Or does anyone know how to fix the Elan driver problem?

Can I load a synaptic driver that will work?  If so how do I do it?

Please I really like the laptop and I need to be able to use the touch pad and have it work.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!

Fanfold Paper
Justaned

Still need help!  Please Please Please if anyone knows a solution and can help me fix this problem please help!!!!!!!

If you give me step by step procedures I will follow them.

Please Help!