Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
todzurwelt

Re: G560a Weird High Pitch Continuous Sound

Hm, I think the problem is at the hard disk, a good idea is to give a try and update the firmware. If is the case I want to know from an admin if my warranty covers this kind of stuff.

Chpus, I think you never heard the sound on Ubuntu because the system is swaping itself. 

Thanks.

Fanfold Paper
todzurwelt

Can one of the admins answer me, or is just too hard to type ...?

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi todzurwelt,

Sorry i was away for Chinese New Year celebration. Btw, I am not sure problem caused by updating firmware will be covered. There is always a risk of updating firmware. Make sure instructions are strictly followed, and if touch wood there is an issue with the HDD after the update, you may explain to service centres.

I still think that it is better to let the engineer to have a health check. After all, they are the one responsible for their mistakes (if there is).

So do you have the same problem with Linux platform? When does the problem happen? Is it like Cphus, occurred when using YM or playing youtube video?

Hi folks,

Please share with me your machine specs as i requested earlier such as the machine model or machine type model (MTM), serial number(send this via private message), etc.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SCSI Port
spike32

My computer was just in for service and I told them of the noise. They did not even test for it. There are worthless techs over there. I told the support team that they should listen to the computer. I probably got the computer back round trip without it even leaving the box for more than 60 seconds. Just enough time for dust particles to contaminate the inside of the box.

Either the  engineer may be responsible for breaking it further, but they do not know the first thing how to fix computers.

Or the techs know how to fix computers, but if the whole entire G560 computer is just one big bad piece of junk design with too many issues. The only thing to do it replace it with a different model.

------------------------------------------------------------
G560 0679-AJU / BIOS: 29CN38WW(V2.15) / EC 29EC34WW(V2.11) / OS: Win7 64bit / Intel Graphics: 8.15.10.2104 / Intel Chipset: 9.1.1020 / Lenovo Energy Management: 5.4.0.8 / RAM 1 chip 2GB total (Ramaxel) RMT1950MD58E8F1333 -- Which I returned because of too many issues and I now own a Dell - Message me if you want to I am here to help
SCSI Port
spike32

Cleo, do not ask us of out specs and serial number via private message. I sent you my specs and my serial number and you may have create a case for this, but when my computer was in the depot beign fixed for all the design flaws, this design flaw was not even on the TODO list. If you are going to get peoples hopes up on a fix, then please actually get the problem fixed and do not mis lead us all.

G560 0679-AJU / BIOS: 29CN38WW(V2.15) / EC 29EC34WW(V2.11) / OS: Win7 64bit / Intel Graphics: 8.15.10.2104 / Intel Chipset: 9.1.1020 / Lenovo Energy Management: 5.4.0.8 / RAM 1 chip 2GB total (Ramaxel) RMT1950MD58E8F1333 -- Which I returned because of too many issues and I now own a Dell - Message me if you want to I am here to help
Fanfold Paper
todzurwelt

Hey,

No, i didn't install linux. The noise is permanent from the moment I start the machine until I shutdown. It doesn't matter if i have no program running in taskbar or if I have 5 programs opened, the noise is there and in some situation, such as playing a game, the noise is more noticeable and annoying. I'm sorry, but i'm starting to believe that I made a big mistake by purchasing from this company. It's f****in' frustrating (sorry for my language) to save money for a "new" laptop and when delivered to find out that it has more problems than a second-hand laptop.

All the best. 

Cleo_Lenovo

Hi all,

I know your frustration. However, there are a number of users out there with working G560. If this high pitch sound was a design flaw, we would have tons of cases at call centre or service centre.

As i noticed there are a few of you discussing about this issue here, i'm really wanting to figure out the root cause with your help by providing some information. However, the G560 in our lab does not have the issue mentioned so far. We need a volunteer to send in his/her machine for our inspection.

I hope to receive your PM.

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SCSI Port
spike32

I sent in my machine already and I gave you my case number on 01-21-2011 (via PM) and nothing happened. I got my computer back and it was not fixed AT ALL. There were no notes about the noise even though I clearly put it on the work paper included in the return box. I also sent you a PM and told my case manager LEO. My computer returned with the same issues I sent it in with. (cpu fan, keyboard noise, wireless issue etc.)

Please do not waste our time and get out hopes up with a fix.

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 712
Solutions: 636

Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi ALL,

If you have a video to show this noise, it'd be nice. Currently the machine i have do not have this issue. It's not easy to duplicate the problem for further analysis. Without this procedure, it's not possible to come out a fix because no root cause has been found.

spike32, yes i've shared your info with customer service rep and they were aware of the bios which was to fix the fan keeps spinning issue. In regard to this noise, is your case the same to all others mentioned here where the noise was from FGHVB keyboard area? Is it fixed by now? Otherwise,i would try to get some helps to have somebody check out your system.

Regads,
Cleo

WW Social Media