[G570]Fn button is not working

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎03-07-2012 by
Modified ‎03-07-2012 by
(13,917 Views)

[G570]Fn button is not working

Question

I have a Lenovo G570. I switched from windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit both of them) and I removed all the partitions. When I try to use the volume or brighness feature by pressing down the Fn key and the volume-up/down or the brightness, it wont work. I might have erased something I shouldn't have. How do I get my "Fn" key to work ?

Answer

To fix the issue, please install the following drivers:

1. The display driver available on lenovo consumer website.

If you have Intel display card then the version for the driver should be 8.15.10.2342

2. Lenovo Energy Management Software, this can be download from the below web link:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_4143.html

Tip:  A hotkey driver in the Lenovo Energy Management which will fix the Funtion keys

Comments
by mickey_211092 on ‎08-01-2013 04:33 AM

[Lenovo 3000 Y500]Fn key not working in my laptop which is used to enable Wi-Fi,bluetooth,adjust LCD brightness etc.

What is the solution?

by amit1213 on ‎09-06-2013 06:27 AM

i have downloded energy management but but there is nothing like hot key driver

by asadkhan92 on ‎11-22-2014 03:58 AM

Hello all

I am new here, looking for some help regarding my Lenovo G570.

Yesterday, it was working perfectly, I properly shut is down. I have set a BIOS pasword.

Today, when I switch it on, I was unable to type the pasword becasu some keys were not working. However, I managed to loged in with the help of On Screen Keyboard. After analysing it, I came to know that some keys on numpad includeing 0,2 and on the 2nd line(vertical numerical keys) 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,0 are not working. I tried to re-install the OS but I set a BIOS paswoed containing one of the missing keys.

Please let me know whether it is a software problem or should i take my laptop to some repairing shop?