Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
bijun77
Accepted Solution

G570 - Issue with Battery

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought a G570 in May 2011(9months old now), It was working great till last week. Last week its battery started showing the message Plugged, not charging though I had connected to the power supply. I had installed two OS (Windows and Linux) in Linux also its indicating battery is not charging. When I removed the battery and powered on  Laptop, it is working. So what could be the problem, is it battery?, If yes Can I get a replacement since it is only 9 months old? Please Advice!!

Battery type is L09S6Y02.

BIJU

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: G570 - Issue with Battery

hi bihun77
it seems the battery is dead but can you just try the suggestion below first? if it doesn't work, i believe you'll need to buy new one.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y560D-AC-Adapter-Battery-Proble...

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
bijun77

Re: G570 - Issue with Battery-Solved!

I called the customer support and upon their instruction downloaded and installed Lenovo energy management system-energy star  and changed the battery mode to optimize for battery runtime.Now its charging perfectly. Wow what a relief!!

BIJU

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi bijun77,

Glad that it works for you.

You can also refer to our Knowledgebase article for this issue. There are some methods you could try if such issue happens.

Knowledgebase article: Z570 - Plugged in but not charging status message

Cheers!

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Punch Card
Libra

Hi Bijun77,

I also have a G570 Lenovo and am having a problem with the Lenovo Energy Management.  What version did you download and install?  I currently have version 6.0.1.5 and the version I found online was 6.0.1.2.  (This energy management is using 25%CPU when ever I switch user and I believe this is causing the battery to need charging very frequently.) 

I called Lenovo and they want to charge me - they say it is a software problem.  This laptop is 2 months old.

Sincerely, Libra