Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
reibun

G570 Laptop hinge

The hinge connecting my monitor to the main body suddenly decided to break off, so I called up the tech support line.

I was greeted with loud noises and plenty of foreign language.

You'd think that they were having a party in the office and not even doing their job properly at all. The person that I spoke to sounded confused to what I meant by laptop hinge and how my monitor is now sitting slightly askew, etc. 

Fast forwarding the introductory phone talk with the representative. I was then told that my 7 month old laptop's warranty had apparently 'expired'.

Becuase, apparently the warranty starts as the laptop leaves the manufactuter. So basically, who knows how long your laptop has been sitting at your reseller before you purchase it.

Skipping a little more of the phone conversation, he proceeds to tell me that a box will be sent to my nominated address but doesn't supply much, if any other information that is useful, other than the fact that if I had been the one to damage it, I would have to pay.

What I want to know is, in the event that I AM quoted for the repair of the laptop (which I see as highly unlikely) and I refuse to get it repaired, who's liable for the expense of the laptops return back to me?

The last thing I want to know is, isn't there ANY certified lenovo repair centres in Melbourne? Couriering my laptop all the way to NSW just to repair a hinge sounds like more trouble than it's worth. 

Though, I think it's funny that another friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him within the first month of him purchasing the same laptop.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: G570 Laptop hinge

Hello reibun and welcome to community,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

The warranty reflected on the website is from manufacturing date as it has to be updated by the user which you can do online.

To update the warranty please visit to the mentioned below web link.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/Member/Warranty_registration.aspx

The service center in Australia as per the website is available in Pahang and Sabah, please check if it is fine with you.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/Maintenancestation/APR_Maintenancestation_Show.aspx?Product_...

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
ayekay90

It's hard to believe that such a big company is so careless in its website maintenance.

Pahang and Sabah are cities in Malaysia, NOT Australia.

I had the same problem occur to me 2 days ago. I bought my G570 from Centrecom in Clayton about 8 months ago. They said I can bring the laptop and original box into them and they can sort out the warranty through Lenovo for me.

But seriously, besides the website error, this product has been known to have this exact same problem (re: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Problem-with-Hinges-on-G570-model-laptop/td-p/...)

Very surprised to see such weak contruction on such a trustworthy brand of laptops... 

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hi ayekay90

Kindly contact the support center and get the information.

Country or Region

Language

Telephone number

Hours of operation

Supported products

Australia

English

1800-041-021

24 hours a day 7 days a week

All Idea Products

Best Regards,

Tanuj 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Lenovo Staff
Ty_Lenovo

Hello reibun,

Were you able to successfully get your machine serviced?

Please let us know.

Thanks

What's DOS?
reibun

In the end, a friend of mine fixed it up and it's good as new.

Seems like less hassle than going through repair with Lenovo as they've shut down so many service centres. I'm not sure I feel so safe when the operator asked me what OS I was running when it's just a hinge issue.

Also, I've contacted the store that I bought it from, which happens to be a Centrecom as well and they're beyond useless.

Just curious ayekay90 - did you get quoted for any repair fees? Because the person I spoke to made it sound like I was the one responsible for my hinge just wanting to die - which is why I decided not to send it in for repair.

Cheers.

Blue Screen Again
Sabrewulf

i need a number for us,

i have the same hinge problem and my warranty "expired".

Althought it says  on the site that you'll be billed for the caled for not having a warranty, can you still call because you dont know when the G570 laptop left the manufacter? 

This is a pain for a hinge and the botm part where the hinge was i guess screwed in was ripped off, so would they give me a refurbused one?

What should i do?