Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Libra

G570 Lenovo Energy Management using 25% CPU in one account, also FAN RUNNING with 0 CPU usage?

[ Edited ]

Can anyone explain to me why Lenovo Energy Management is using 25% CPU in a standard account which is logged in?  I switched user and noticed the fan running and brought up Task Manager for all users and found it.  The other account is logged in with a browser online. 

Why would this energy management process be using so much CPU and is there anything I can do about it?  It's not using any CPU in my standard account.  This is Windows 7 64bit.

Edit to mention when I signed off my standard account and went into the standard account using 25% CPU, the Lenovo Energy Management went down to 00%.

I have also noticed if I open a second browser window the fan starts up, although CPU usage is 0 is Task Manager.

When I first got this notebook in December I was concerned because I never heard the fan.  Why is the fan running so much now?  Service reloaded the OS and updated to the latest bios.  Nothing else has occurred.

Sincerely, Libra

Punch Card
Libra

Re: G570 Lenovo Energy Management using 25% CPU in one standard account

The OS was recently reloaded and bios updated by support.  I assume it was a slightly different OS since Google Chrome browser wasn't loaded (which is fine with me),

Since then I have noticed the fan running - sometimes heavily as when I posted yesterday.  Today when I switched user the CPU didn't show any high usage, but the fan ran heavily until I logged out of one account.  It has continued to run, although not heavily and with no cpu usage.  Is this normal?

Could reinstalling the OS and updating bios cause this?

Note, when I first received this notebook I got help to run some tests to see if fan was running - it was and I got the impression the fan is only suppose to run with high cpu usage.

I would appreciate some help/advice.

Sincerely, Libra

Punch Card
Libra

Re: G570 Lenovo Energy Management using 25% CPU in one standard account

^bump^

Could someone please explain why the energy management process would be using 25% on an account that has the browser open, but is not being used?  I also find that the fan is running more than ever and we have to charge the battery more frequently,  I just plugged it in, but one energy management process is using 25% CPU.

I very rarely heard the fan before sending the computer in for service.

What does the energy management process do? and is this process and fan running so much bad for my computer?

I would appreciate an answer please.

Sincerely, Libra