Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Pred
Accepted Solution

G570 gets stuck on windows startup screen, removing battery allows boot up.

Hi,

I have a G570 i5 with 640GB and 4GB ram, it has been working fine up until one month ago. Now for some reason it sometimes get stuck at the windows start up screen. There it sits and never gets any further. I can reboot multiple times with the same effect, then suddenly the Laptop works again, runs and boots fine for a few days until the next random stop.

I have tried the folowing things:

Operating system re-install. No difference, still happens.

System restore. No differnece.

Changing Bios systtings for USB and Disk systems

Virus checked

checked memory and Hard disk drive

Fixed master boot reccord.

The only thing that seems to work is: when the stop happens, shut down laptop. Remove battery. Reboot using mains. This works until the next time, when I then have to put the battery back in.

Any ideas as to what causes this or why it happens? It's driving me crazy as I'm trying to do a dissertation!! When the computer runs it runs well.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: G570 gets stuck on windows startup screen, removing battery allows boot up.

Hello Pre,

Sorry to know about your issue as you are unable to use the laptop at all.

Kindly check if you can boot the system into safe mode then uninstall the display driver

Restart the system into normal mode update the BIOS and display driver

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/driversdownloads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=130485&OS=0

Please check the issue after this and update to us.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
Pred

Hi thanks for the reply,

I haven't had a chance to test this solution yet, mainly because the problem hasn't happend since I posted. As soon as it reoccurs I'll do as you suggest and leave feedback

Regards,

Paper Tape
Pred

Hi,

So after nearly a month of trouble free use, the problem has returned.... although this time, the laptop hangs at windows startup screen, and after a few reboots it is then suddenly fine again without needing to change anything...

Problem is extremely annoying though!

Fanfold Paper
Pratzal

Please UNINSTALL VERIFACE. I had the same problem and now its solved.

Paper Tape
Pred

Well, I have solved my problem. In the end I had to update the card reader driver as I bought a 16GB SDHC card and the reader wouldn't reads it. Tracked down drivers from the reader's manufacturer's website and no more problems.

Thanks for the veriface tip, I had already deleated that, so in this case it wasn't the problem, but might help others.

What's DOS?
svaradka

Re: G570 gets stuck on windows startup screen

I have exactly the same problem. Could changing the hardrive solve this problem as after i did a check error with it says boot strap error. dont really know what this means. Please help!

Punch Card
mikie

Re: G570 gets stuck on windows startup screen

If I was having a startup problem, I would press the F8 keey as a power up and go to the start up options menu. Then I would run Start Up Repair . I might even run it 3x in a row before letting it boot to windows.
Blue Screen Again
ftcmoa

How can you boot into SAFE mode when the laptop never gets past Startup Repair? My G570 says "Windows cannot repair this computer automatically"
What's DOS?
Zweibart

My solution: G570 gets stuck on windows startup screen.

Problem: On pressing the power button the Window flag shows up on a dato screen with the message " Windows is starting up". Then it stops there. Waiting for a long time doesn't help.

Solution: Uninstall preinstalled software.
Turn the computer off. Turn the computer on again and then hold F8 pressed until the computer starts beeping. You should come into the Advanced Startup menu. I chose secure mode and when getting into Windows I removed the following programs: Verisure, Live Essentials, all iMesh-related programs and activex-stuff, boot enhancer.

By removing all those programs, restarting the computer holding F8 pressed and in the menu selecting "Last working configuration", Windows started repaired itself, and has worked ever since.

Conclusion: Lenovo has done one of the worst software jobs I have seen on a pc. They haven't even bothered to update the one key recovery software to get rid of beta versions. I can't select startup from the BIOS boot menu, and the F8 isn't documented. All in all a bad experience. After 7 hrs of fiddling at least my G570 now runs stable.