Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Octavian
Accepted Solution

G580 and Smart Fan Control?

Hello all,

I just purchased a Lenovo G580 laptop. There is a sticker near the keyboard about 'Smart Fan, Noise Control'. But so far I have not been able to find out how to use that feature. AFAIK, some earlier Lenovo models did have a separate touch button for this feature. Is the user supposed to be able to control it at all in G580? There isn't anything about this in the user manual.

Lenovo Energy Management software gives me some kind of control over the efficiency of the hardware. But to me it just seems to replicate the selections I make with Windows' own power management options. Fortunately the machine is relatively quiet in itself. But particularly when listening to music it would be nice to make the fan as quiet as possible - to my knowledge playing back FLAC files is not a very demanding task.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: G580 and Smart Fan Control?

Hi

Welcome to Lenovo Community 

"Smart noise control button enables you to control fan speed during computer operation.
You can choose between normal or silent mode by a touch of this button; you can also activate the dust cleaning feature by touching and holding this button for three seconds."

G580.GIF

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
Octavian

Thank you, Rmattoo. I can see your gif image is named G580.gif. The problem is, my G580 just does not have the buttons 10, 11, 12, 13 in your picture. Frankly, I am puzzled by this. Any G580 picture I have found on the Internet does not have those buttons, either. This picture is Lenovo's own:

Ctrl-Alt-Del
npsaravanakumar

I am also Using G580 but does not found any smart noise b...

I am also Using G580 but does not found any smart noise button in my please tell where it is

Paper Tape
melangalade

Hello support. What part of G850 didn't you understand? What kind of support is this? This issue is not solved at all. G850 DOES NOT HAVE buttons above 10 on the pic. Maybe this can help: http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/gseries_ug_en.pdf

Please answer this issue asap

Paper Tape
Mxysptlik

NOT RESOLVED

I have the same question, and the same problems described by the previous posters. THERE IS NO BUTTON AS DESCRIBED. In fact, in my user manual, it does not even describe or indicate that there is supposed to be one.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD AS OUR ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED.

What's DOS?
ComR

Re: NOT RESOLVED

[ Edited ]

I also bought a Lenovo G580 with the Smart Fan Sticker (Germany). But there are no "Smart Fan, Noise Control" keys at my Notebook, too. :smileyfrustrated:

Is there ANY possibility to control the fan at the G580?

Dear Lenovo Support, please answer to alle these people here who buy Lenovo Products cause they trust in Lenovo.

Paper Tape
Mxysptlik

RESPONSE REQUESTED

Dear lenovo support,

As we have said, and as you MUST already know (since you made them), the user guide, the sticker on the demo laptop at retail stores, and the same sticker you see on the laptop you purchase ALL SAY IT HAS "SMART FAN, NOISE CONTROL". However when reading the user manual, or looking at the laptop itself it is abundantly clear that THERE IS NO NOISE CONTROL BUTTON.

Clearly the reply saying the original post has been solved was in error. Normally I would be ok with that if you had bothered to fix it or apologize for some kind of "clerical error" by now. Your customer care is reminiscient of microsoft. This is not anything you should be proud of. I don't think, but KNOW that you need to either admit the G580 doesn't have the features in question or explain how we can use/access them.

This is a simple issue. This has been addressed with incorrect information. This has since been determined to be the "solution". If you cannot resolve something this SIMPLE, what should I expect if I have a serious problem? Well, I don't want to have to find out.

If this thread doesn't get either an ACTUAL informative response, or a simple apology I will return my laptop. I will use my money to purchase another, non-lenovo laptop. I will never purchase another lenovo product. I will advise everyone I can, whis is substantial as I work 6 days a week doing home and buisness tech support, not to purchase lenovo products. With this in mind, I eagerly await your quick response. I do not have long until my 30 day window expires to return it. I have been waiting for a response to this since I bought it.

What's DOS?
ComR

*push*

STILL NOT SOLVED

Fanfold Paper
jakop360

ehhhmm... there is not any buttons in my G580 with intel HD 3000 graphics and Intel Core I5-2450M 2.50GHz - 3.10GHz  and anyways you can download some fan control programs from the internet