Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
AJD30
Accepted Solution

G770 Audio Stuttering / Buzzing

Hi - when playing audio, either music or video, the laptop makes a stuttering buzz every now and again, I've updated the audio driver (8.54.1.0) but it still persists.

Is there anything I can try or do I have a faulty unit?

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

Re: G770 Audio Stuttering / Buzzing

Paper Tape
AJD30

Hello, thanks for the reply - yes it's exactly the same. When you say different unit - is this a model specific thing or have I just got a bad one? If it is a  common issue, as it seems to be, is there no official word from Lenovo?

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

I had a lenovo G570 model number 43344QU

I had sent it to the depo several times with no results and had it there for over a month.

I finally had their customer relations team replace it with another G570 iCore3 43349LU

I have no sound issues at this time, but this appears to be a reported problem among other members. I'm not sure why there hasn't been a solution. They have the  first laptop back with the problem so I was hoping they'd have sent to some engineers to replicate the issue.

Paper Tape
AJD30

That's disappointing, but thanks again. I'll call the help line on Monday and see what they say. 

Paper Tape
AJD30

Just an update in case anyone has same issue - spoke to Lenovo tech support who advised the laptop would need replacing, Amazon sorted this out no problem. Replacement is much better but does still occasionally do the same thing, much much less often though, so I can live with it, but there's clearly a design flaw here somewhere.

What's DOS?
usethe4ce

From other forums, people said the problem was actually with the wireless driver. You can verify by turning off the wireless and seeing if the stutter goes away.  I updated that Atheros driver, and it seems much better now.

The updated driver is terribly hard to find, so here's the one I used, version 9.2.0.439 (listed for a different laptop model):

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_5438.html

What's DOS?
rmuselding

This worked for me.  Also everything sped up.  No hesitation in cursor movement and internet access was much faster!

Thank you very much for this resolution!