Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
df662

G770 wireless help

Just received my g770 today. Tried connecting to my netgear wnr2000 and it's a no go. The laptop sees the accec point and connects to it but says no Internet access. I have two other laptops, an iPad and various android phones connecting on the same network without a problem. Please help otherwise I'm packing this thing up and returning it.... Thanks.
Paper Tape
df662

Re: G770 wireless help

[ Edited ]

And yes I tried updating the drivers and it didn't help....

Paper Tape
df662

[ Edited ]

ok I just tried connecting to another wifi hotspot and it is working. Please help.....

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi df662,

Sounds more like the router or the wifi set up since it's working fine with other wifi hotspot.

Make sure the password for the wifi network by Netgear is correctly configured in your machine. For instance, if the wifi network password is secured with WPA2-PSK, make sure you set the same in the windows.

- Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
df662

I ended up having to change the setting on my router to 54mbps max speed. After that change I connected without a problem.