Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
mattmilten

German fingerprint software translation

The German translation of the fingerprint software is just awful. In the logon menu of Vista it says:

"Bitte schlagen Sie Ihren Finger auf den Sensor drein!"
(english: "Please punch your finger into the sensor!")

I would appreciate it if at least this line could be translated correctly ("Bitte scannen Sie jetzt Ihren Finger ein!").

Another possible solution I would accept, is that someone tells me how I can change the language of the software.

By the way, the Client Security Solution download is not available, please fix it.

Thanks

3000 N200 BDG, Vista Business 32bit
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

Re: German fingerprint software translation

re Translations; I agree, they can be sometimes a source of amusement :smileywink:

re. Language, see this thread especially the posts from vkyr

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
the_mx

Re: German fingerprint software translation

@mattmilten

change the following, this will change the fingerprint language to english - anything else will remain unaffected!

Systemsteuerung - Regions- und Sprachoptionen - Verwaltung - Sprache für Unicode-inkompatible Programme - Systemgebietschema ändern... - Aktuelles Gebietschema - Englisch (USA)

Max @ Klagenfurt
## LENOVO 3000 N200 0769 BQG ##
## Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz ##
## Bios 68ET35WW - nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 (Lenovo) ##
## RAM: Hynix HYMP325S64AMP8-Y5 2 GB DDR2-667 ##
Fanfold Paper
axel_s

Language used in fingerprint sensor software very funny (german version)

Hi,

when the fingerprint sensor software wants me to put my finger on, I can read some funny german sentences, advising me.

Translated it means somthing like: "beat your finger on the sensor"

I don´t know who did the translation, but he is just as good in german as I am in english.

If someone from LENOVO reads this, ha can contact me, so I can make a suggestion for a correct translation.

Greeting

Axel