Getting on screen brightness high keys to work on Lenovo 3000 N200 with Windows 7
I am trying to install Windows 7 Home Premium on a Lenovo 3000 model N200, type 0769-E7G with a build 3100 type video card and want to get the Aero interface enabled.
Install the Vista graphics driver. here is a step by step procedure:
1. uninstall all intel display drivers in programs (add/remove section of control panel)
2. get in to device manager and uninstall all display drivers
3. DO NOT RESTART YET
4. download intel display driver for vista edition here: This driver is for the G530 model, but seems to work.
5. install the driver you just download. you should get a message from windows saying the installation failed; in that case select 'reinstall using recommended settings'. now it should install properly*. after install is done wait a few minutes for windows 7 to register the new driver. then go ahead and restart.
6. now you should be able to adjust brightness using FN + F10/F11 (for lenovo G530)
*if by any chance you still fail at installing the vista driver, locate the extract files and use windows compatibility mode (vista) to run the setup.exe. the files are usually extracted to C:\drivers\vista\intel.
* if you still cannot adjust brightness, download lenovo hotkey driver.
* this is for lenovo g530 only (model 4446 specifically)
Was this article helpful? Please click here and let us know.