Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
neil_d

HDMI Stopped working on G550

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am not sure what I have done but my HDMI output from my laptop will not work. TV picks up something is connected via HDMI but says no signal. Laptop shows that the TV is connected as well. Already tried various HDMI cables, reinstalling drivers, different TVs but no luck. Only think I can think of is that the driver files are some how corrupt. I just upgraded the hard drive and ram in my laptop and I have noticed some of the system files such as Windows Update have some how got corrupted. I am going to reinstall Windows soon to fix that issue and was wondering if anyone knew if that could be the reason why my HDMI port is not working as well. If any one can think of any other solutions please advise.Also if anyone knows what the correct drivers are please advise as the ones of the Lenovo website do not work. Not sure if that has to do with the corrupt system files as well

Laptop Spec

Lenovo G550

Windows 7 64bit

750 GB WD Hard drive just installed

8GB RAM

Please email me on xxxxxxxxxxxxx if you think you could help me. Can't figure out what to do.

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: HDMI Stopped working on G550

Hello neil-d 

Kindly install the updated video driver from the Lenovo G550 laptop and set the resolution to 1024*768

After this transfer the display.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
neil_d

hi

do u happen to have a link to the correct driver. As i updated to the latest driver and it still does not work.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Kindly share you graphic driver detail.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
neil_d

Hi

I have the following information under Display adapters

Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Driver Provider:Intel corporation

Driver Date: 11/02/2011

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2302

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Also since my first post I have been able to rectify my Windows Update by installing Intel Rapid Storage Utility and also updated all my drivers which has fixed all issues I previously had. Currently my HDMI port not working is the only thing wrong. As stated earlier when connected, the laptop does pick up the tv and the tv picks up the laptop but the TV says no signal. Thank you again for your help and if there is any other info I can provide please ask.

Paper Tape
hogger129

I am experiencing the same problem.

I just bought a Lenovo H430 desktop system about a week ago. I have not done anything on my computer except run iTunes and surf the internet, and my HDMI port has failed. Reinstalling the Lenovo drivers did not help one bit.

What's DOS?
moezbas

Unfortunately my problem is similar.

My HDMI was working properly. But suddenly, it is not working on different TV's. So, I doubt that it could be related to the TV, which were able to show the picture.

I downloaded the updates from the websites again. Checked out also several discussion forums and concluded that a reset of my laptop will not bring the help.

Is there any hope? Thank you!