Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
spalartallmaras

How to connect a lenovo c200 to an external monitor

Hi to all!
I'm carlo from italy and I need your help.

I have a lenovo 3000 C200 type8922

my screen is broken (see a small black  circula area (I close the lapton and a pen was in)  with different vertical lines with grey, gree, violet and black colors. If i move the mouse i could see these lines move but i don't see the arrow, i don't see nothing clearly. The pc works because I can turn on or turn off using keyboard tips.

I tried to connect it with a monitor (VGAcable) and with a tv (svideo cable) tusing fn+F7 function but nothing!

Fn+F7 doesn't works and I don't know why, How i can fix this problem? any tips?

thank you in advance

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: How to connect a lenovo c200 to an external monitor

To get the display on external monitor as it does not need the extra configuration unless some additional feature is required.

I suggest you to connect the external 15" or 17" monitor with display port and transfer the display once you start the laptop do not wait for Windows screen to appear.

Best would be make the laptop boot into BIOS and then transfer the display to external monitor.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Blue Screen Again
spalartallmaras

Re: How to connect a lenovo c200 to an external monitor

The problem is this.
If i connect the pc with a vga cable to an external monitor and i turn on the pc nothing compare on the monitor, nothing!
There is somewhere a guide to do what you are saying? A step by step guide because I don't see anything! TY tanu! 

Now I'm contacting the italian ibm-lenovo support number and I'll report what they will say to me!