Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
xtreme666

Lenovo 3000 N100 ram upgrade issue.

hey guys,

this is my sisters laptop, she purchased it in 2006. it came with 1 gb ram.
now i am trying to upgrade ram.

i purchased a 1 gb ram, 667fsb, 200 pins ddr2. and when i put the new ram, i dont get any display, any been nothing.. the laptop just doesnt start.

so i returned the ram, and i got new ram and same issue.. now i am sure that something is wrong with the laptop..

my bios is 1.0.8 i updated it like a year ago.

how can i fix this problem?

i badly need more ram..

thank you in advance.

PS:- how to change forum language? i want english, but i can see forum in some other language

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 235

Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 ram upgrade issue.

Hi xtreme666 and welcome to the community,

It looks like another mod went in and changed your settings.  Is it English now?

Does the working ram stick work in the slot you're trying to put the new ram in?  Try it in that slot by itself. If it works, try the new ram in the slot that the working ram was in.  

Dave  

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
xtreme666

hello dave,

i tried the way you suggested..

i tried installing the new ram in the same slow..

well here is the list of configuration i tried.

old ram - slot 1 = works

old ram - slot2 = works

new ram - slot1 = doesnt work

new ram - slot2 = doesnt work

oldram slot1 + new ram slot 2 = doesnt work

newram slot 1 + oldram slot2 = doesnt work.

doesnt work = no display, no beep, nothing.. nothing at all..

old ram = new ram = 1 Gb, 667 FSB, 200 pin, DDR2

any sugestions?

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 235

Hi xtreme666,

Lenovos and ibm's have always been a little touchy about certain brands of ram chips.  At this point, it doesn't sound like you have anything wrong with your machine since your old ram works in either slot.  

It's rare to get a bad ram chip, let alone two, but I'd say your problem is with the new ram.  I would say that your machine just doesn't like it.  I would stay away from the value ram, although I've never had a problem with it.  Some members here have.

Here are the specs for your ram. Make sure that the new ram matches these.  On the left of that page is a link to run their scanner.  You might want to run the scanner and see what the upgrade recommendation is.

Whatever new ram you get, put it in the machine by itself and see if the machine runs with it.  Then try it with both chips.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество