08-27-2010 05:51 PM - edited 08-27-2010 05:52 PM
I've got some problems with my computer.
1. Due to some unexplainable reason, whenever I type something on the keyboard, all my USB ports stop working for the time I'm typing. When I stop typing it takes a few seconds to recognize the USB device currently attached and it starts working again.
2. Another problem is with my sound driver. It's kind of messed up. I can't hear any sounds from the speakers unless I've plugged in headphones. And while they're plugged in I can hear sound from both, the speakers and the headphones. At the moment I've disabled front panel jack detection and I can hear sound from the speakers without having to plug anything in, although when I do, I don't hear sound from the headphones, but still from the speakers.
3. I haven't been able to find any working drivers for my SD card reader.
4. The driver for the fingerprint reader does not work. The device manager shows that I have AuthenTec AES2501A installed but when going to Biometric devices in the control panel, it says that Windows didn't find any biometric devices.
5. I've been unable to get my bluetooth device to work. I've tried adding a new device and it can't find any, even when I have several working near the comupter. Also, trying to see all the devices I have connected to via Bluetooth, the window pops up and never stops loading. Without showing any devices.
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.
Lenovo 3000 N100 0689.
I would appreciate some help.
09-04-2010 09:15 AM
Since I'm not the first owner of this notebook and don't know which OS it came with, I decided I would rather not have anything besides Windows 7 on this computer.
So I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I formated my hard drive and created 1 partition which now holds everything instead of 3 seperate partitions(OEM, Windows and 9MB of free space).
Atleast I got my Bluetooth devie to work. And I absolutely refuse to use the One Key Recovery since after re-installing Windows 7 I would once again have no correct drivers.
So, I'm sincerely asking you to provide me with correct working drivers for my finger print sensor, USB ports and for my soundcard.
09-04-2010 10:55 AM - edited 09-04-2010 10:59 AM