Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
anderman

Lenovo 3000 V100 Intel Wireless Adapter - Wifi light off!!

Hi All,  Can someone help me out with this problem?

Setup:

Lenovo 3000 V100 w/ Vista SP1 Intel Wireless Pro NIC

The Wifi light indicator is not turning on at all.  No matter what I do.  I've tried turning on and off the wireless switch and I've tried re-installing the Intel Wireless Network driver several times.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!!

More info:

If I click: "Connect to a network" I receive the message I receive is: "Windows cannot find any additional networks." I see no broadcasting Wifi networks, where in my area there are clearly several available.

Under "Manage network connections" LAN and Wireless LAN connections appear to be available.

Thanks in advance!

Anderman

What's DOS?
nbb311069

Re: Lenovo 3000 V100 Intel Wireless Adapter - Wifi light off!!

I have the same problem. Started a week ago. I have a Lenovo 3000 V100 running Ubuntu 8.04. Has been running flawlessly until a week ago. Have tried other live linux destrib with the same result. I see no network - used to see appx. 10. The light is out. The bluetooth light is on during post, but as post finishes even that ligt goes out.

Is it af faulty WiFi-nic???

Regards

Nikolaj Bak

What's DOS?
bjmckernan

Lenovo 3000 V100, XP-- same problem.....

Wireless light won't turn on even though switch is on, and it's enabled in BIOS. IPCONFIG shows "media disconnected" under wireless adaptor state.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

What's DOS?
MrsLucky

We are having the same problem.  It's odd because the computer will see other networks in the neighborhood, but not our own -- even when the computer is inches away from the router.  I am online now ... wifi light blinking away ... not sure how long this will last ... please help me!  Thanks in advance :-)

What's DOS?
Levis

I have a same problem. Have anybody fixed this problem? 
Retired Guru
ortegaluis

There should be a Fn+Fxx combination that is used to enable/disable the wireless adapter. Not sure what the combination is but the key should be labeled with a little wireless icon.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Paper Tape
jerseyjoe9001

I have a Y430 ideapad that has the same problem running Intel's 5100 wireless card.  Wireless worked for months, no suddenly no wifi and this keyboard short suggest function plus F5 says the wireless is on, but no wifi light and no networks to connect to.  The intel wireless troubleshooter says the radio is on, but every scan fails to produce any networks.  Lenovo's lack of response to this obvious issue is troubling and frustrating.  How do we fix this?
What's DOS?
ernosomi

Hi

I'm living in France but I've got a US Lenovo 3000 v100 windows xp home and I meet the same problem

It first occurs after removing the battery which was completely discharged

I never think that removing the battery was the cause of the problem because it was discharged

but after trying different things I replace the battery and after that wireless radio was on and my wireless was ok

may be this can help someone

erno a frenchy lenovo user 

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

I would recommend for anyone having wireless problems to install the latest driver from Intel.com [only if you have an intel wireless card]. This seems to help most of the time.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
What's DOS?
reynaldk

hey mr anderman,

did you figure out how to turn the wireless switch on?

-reynald