Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
l_annaen
Accepted Solution

Lenovo 3000 Y310 Freezes on Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I tried two times to install Windows Seven on my Lenovo 3000 Y310.

Each time I have a problem of freezes.

My computer running Windows Seven (same with drivers from Microsoft or with Vista drivers from Lenovo's website),  often freezes for a few seconds or minutes. It is not catastrophic but can be very problematic when I have to take notes while attending a lecture (I'm student).

Do you have some solutions ?

Thank you :smileytongue:

[EDIT: ] during the freezes, the disk access led which is usually blinking between on and off status, stays on.

Sorry for the strange way to explain, I did not find the right wording :smileytongue:

Serial Port
l_annaen

Re: Lenovo 3000 Y310 Freezes on Windows 7

up?

Serial Port
l_annaen

Nobody has any idea ?

Fanfold Paper
Leonid

[ Edited ]

did you try to install/uninstall drivers?

it might be a non suitable driver for windows 7

Serial Port
l_annaen

Hello Leonid, thank you for trying to help, I was beginning to think I would never have a reply :smileywink:

The last time I installed it, in the end of September, I tried to install Vista drivers and had this issues. Maybe even more than today. On the current installation, I did not add any drivers and simply let Windows Update offer me a few.

So it's a bit strange, but it seems to be (currently) unrelated or uncorrected by existing drivers :/

So someone has the same computer running Win 7?

Serial Port
l_annaen

up again ?

Paper Tape
kristjan

I installed Win 7 last xmas and for the first few days it was fine.

But when I began to use it more I noticed those freezes up for about 20-30 sec at time.

I usualy suspend my computer when I'm not using it and it seems to get worse after certain amount of time.

If I restart then it runs better for few days.

I noticed in device manager there was a yellow mark next to Base System Device and I only found out today that it's the card reader thingy. (5in1)

So I installed the Vista driver for the card reader (there are no win 7 drivers for it).

I'm hoping that it might fix this freeze up.

But if anyone knows why those freezes come up I would like to hear about it.

Btw, I'm a student too, and I agree that the freezes are annoying at lectures when your taking notes. And in general when working on the computer, 30 seconds is a long time when you are waiting for it to pass.

Serial Port
l_annaen

It seems to be a problem that appeard from the beta versions of windows 7, something still not corrected on our computers ? Strangely, I have the same issue on my desktop computer, but much less often.

Paper Tape
kristjan

I'm running Windows 7 Professional (not beta or RC or anything like that, full release)

I have windows 7 on 3 computers at my home (2 laptops and 1 desktop) and this is only happening on my Lenovo machine. The only difference is that the desktop is running 64-bit version of Win 7 Pro.

The other 2 machines are Acer laptop and MSI desktop. (MSI = Microstar International)

And it amased me that of those 3 manufactors I only had driver issues from Lenovo.

Paper Tape
kristjan

I got a tip about what this might be. Probably the Sata harddisk driver.

I found this driver: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70477.html

And installed it. Well.... My computer is better, but the problem is not entirely gone.

I got another tip about getting some driver from Intel called "Intel Storage Manager Matrix", or something like that.

I've not yet found that one, but I'll try it as soon as I can.