Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
dtibet

Re: Lenovo 3000 Y410 enable "Intel VT" support in Bios (Hardware Virtualization)

Hi, it sound me you have a ThinkPad (T60) that you may have more chances to run the VT check internet with a google search T60 and ESX and look into Lenova Supports &Downloads for T60. Bare in mind that you need two things happening at the same time first you must have a Inel processor supporting the VT (or equvalent AMD-V compliant) and that your BIOS shoould be set for enabling the Virtualization (there is a program called Securable from Gibsson Research that you can run and see whteher or not your porcessor is compliant for Vt).

If you read the beginning of the thread with jojo mail you seem to have done as BIOS wise if yours processor is supporting the Intel Vt spec.

Good luck

Paper Tape
joshiap

Re: Lenovo 3000 Y410 enable "Intel VT" support in Bios (Hardware Virtualization)

[ Edited ]

Well,

Here is what I did, browed to the site : http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_889.html

Updated the BIOS. still no option in BIOS to enable Intel-VT or AMD-V. installed Windows 2008 + Hyper-v and VOILA!!

Here I am with 5 VPCs now working all fine.

Also please check before installing this udpate with the Intel Processer Identification Tool whether your laptop processor supports virtualization or now, mine does Y410 3000.

Message Edited by joshiap on 06-17-2009 01:37 AM
Blue Screen Again
gosen211

Yeah I checked my Y410 with Intel Processor Identification Tool, it says that i have Intel VT! Hurray~~ thanks joshiap, i'm going to set it up later :smileywink:

But i wonder if every processor that above T2XXX supports Intel VT. It doesn't seem correct. =/
-->T60 XP SP3, 1.5GB RAM