Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Fraser67
Accepted Solution

Lenovo B570 won't Power on at first

Hi all,

I purchased a new Lenovo B570 a couple of months ago and have been having major issues with powering the laptop on since I have had it.  when I first got it out of the box it started fine no problems and ran windows update and installed a few programs (nothing too major other than MS Office, yahoo messenger, skype, etc).

I noticed after about a week that it had an issue when trying to start from a shutdown.  When I pressed the power button, the power light would turn on, HD light would indicate activity, however nothing would appear on the screen.  I forced shutdown and tried to restart and the same happens.  After a few more tries, eventually the screen will light up and suggest running start up repair.  this starts then I get various blue screen messages sometimes just once, sometimes 2-3 times on separate instances and eventually I can start the machine up and when it is on and running it's great and there are no issues at all.

I researched both on this forum and via google about potential issues and have tried one-key recovery back to original spec and also updating the BIOS and removing the fingerprint software, none of which resolved the issue (see threads below for examples of potential solutions that I have tried).  In the last couple of days I tried a new experiment where I turn on the power after a shutdown, and as described above just get a blank screen, however rather than force shutdown straight away, I allow it to remain in this state for about an hour, then perform force shutdown.  Straight away I press power on again and immediately the laptop starts, no BSOD, no start-up repair just straight into starting windows as you would expect and the laptop works as hoped for.

This indicates to me it could be a power issue with booting up at the start, but I'm afraid I'm not very technically minded in these things so would appreciate any help or feedback from someone who might be able to suggest a solution that I haven't tried yet as although I can get the laptop to work now, it is an issue having to wait for the power to 'charge up' before I can use the laptop.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/My-lenovo-b570-hangs-on-start-up/td-p/500247

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-V470-V570-Boot-up-problems/td-p/4999...

I am based in the UK if that helps at all.  any help greatly appreciated.

cheers

fraser

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo B570 won't Power on at first

hey Fraser67,

welcome to the forums.

from your post here, i would suggest that you get in contact with our service team and send your unit for servicing.

get in contact with them via >> http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
Fraser67

cheers Serge, have arranged for that now.

regards

Fraser

Fanfold Paper
confuzion

fraser have u ever found out what the cause was? i have the exact same problem with my lenovo computer i noticed since i got it everytime i try turning it on the power comes on but no display, i usually just keep it on for weeks because once i turn it off i have a heck of a time getting it back on!

Paper Tape
Smagmatron

I too have the same issue, only my unit now is completely dead, no power.

Fanfold Paper
confuzion

same here buddy mine is now completely dead

What's DOS?
Goodvicki

Same here. We got my son a brand new one for Christmas and it is dead already. Won't power on!! Very upset with Lenovo. I have owed about every brand  of computer and I don't think I will be buying a Lenovo anymore. I have tired the holding power button down with battery out and nothing works........

What's DOS?
eric2382002

Same problem here.  I have a think pad from 5 yrs ago that still works which is why i bought this new lenovo.  No more lenovos or any recommendations to get lenovos for me.

Fanfold Paper
confuzion

hey just a little update i sent my laptop in and it was the bios and ram were both completely dead. so apparently lenovos are known for being built with bad bios chips. so they replaced that and sent it back. im guessing they loosened things up because now my left mouse clicker on my laptop is broke but it still works. they mad eme pay for shipping because they said since my laptop is a cheaper model the warranty doesnt cover shipping and thats why the model is cheaper thats how they jip you. they did repair the bios for free thank god. i would recomend getting the extended warranty. also dont send your original box in you wont get it back i left a note asking to send it back in the box (i only sent it so they would know the specs for sure).

so anyways thats your problem, i know you want it to come back to life but believe me i clicked my power button about 400 times hoping it would your only option is to send it in to be repaired

Fanfold Paper
confuzion

i added a reply below but i sent mine in and the bios and ram was dead u have to repair that, the warranty covers it