Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Libra

Lenovo Energy Management CPU Resource Problem

I have the G570 notebook.  It's two months old.  I have noticed that when two users are signed in at the same time, the Lenovo Energy Management is using 25% CPU for the first user signed in.  The only way to stop this is to log off of the first account. 

I did a search for this problem and found something similar here for a different lenovo system

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Energy-Management-CPU-Resource-Problem...

That advice was to reinstall the Energy management software.  Would that apply to me?  If so, Lenovo Energy Management currently installed is version 6.0.1.5 and version 6.0.1.2 is offered at drivers and downloads.  If I should be reinstalling the older version, do I uninstall the current version first?

I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo Energy Management CPU Resource Problem

hi libra.

you can just re-install the current ( latest ) version. just make sure you un-install it first and re-install itt after restarting your computer.

please, post back the results.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
Libra

The lenovo energy management that is presently installed says it's version 6.0.1.5.  Meanwhile, the version at the download drivers section for G570 is version 6.0.1.2, so I can't reinstall the current version unless it's available somewhere else.

Please advise

.Sincerely, Libra

Punch Card
Libra

As I previously mentioned, I can't install the latest version because the version in this G570 is newer than the version offered at the download page. 

This computer didn't do this prior to it being repaired (OS reinstalled and latest bios, as per repair report).

Now if two users are logged in, the inactive user's Lenovo Energy Management immediately starts using 25% CPU.  Meanwhile, the inactive user shows as "disconnected" in Task Manager.

I logged off of my account because of this.

I'm not able to use this computer as it was designed to be used with the high CPU usage being incurred when two users are signed in.

Sincerely, Libra

Punch Card
Libra

^bump^

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?  It is also causing the battery to need charging more often. 

When I got this computer in December, I never even heard the fan.  Now if two users are signed on, the Lenovo Energy Management uses 25% CPU and the fan is constant until one user signs off Windows.

Community Moderator
yigit

can you try to perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover?

Punch Card
Libra

[ Edited ]

I can try that, yigit.  It's a bit time consuming for me to set it up.  Maybe I'll try it tomorrow.  I'll let you know if that fixes it.  I hope so.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

EDIT:  When I bought this computer, it was preloaded with some junk, which I removed.  When support reinstalled the OS it didn't have all the junk.

Do you have any idea of what image I would get when I use the one key restore?  Would I get what support reinstalled or what was initially on the computer at purchase?

Community Moderator
yigit

you can choose the options but i believe you haven't created any back-up so when you use it, okr will use the factory back-up file.

Punch Card
Libra

I have a concern about that.  If I use the OKR and get what was originally installed on the computer, is it possible that I will also get all those BSOD's and problems waking the computer from sleep?  (They started quite soon - I got the computer December 22 and the first BSOD/wake problem was January 5)  Could there be a problem with the factory image installed?

Will it affect the bios?  I now have the latest bios 2.14.

Thank you.

Sincerely, Libra

Community Moderator
yigit

usually re-installing the operation system ( by using okr ) fixes the issues but in your case, if it's hardware issue - not sure, not tellign it's hardware - it won't work.

have you made any change at that date? installing windows update or anything? by the way, can you try to create new windows user to check if the issue still persists? could be user account issue.