Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop doorstop

[ Edited ]

Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop

Which forum should this be in?. Nothing is crystal clear on which forum to use but, seeing other G series (770 included) this seems to be the correct forum regardless if this is referred to as an Idea line laptop by customer service (if you can call it that) over the phone.

My situation:

Bought this Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop on Black Friday, online at Lenovo.com. Well more specifically, Lenovo Outlet.com. 563.00 and changed shipped to my door.

Okay cool, Lenovo supported Outlet right? That's what I thought.

Wait for it........... it gets better.

Upon receiving this Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop on Friday December 2nd, my wife put the power cord into the wall and charged it while I was at work. 

(4 hours + goes by)

I turned it on...Added my name and all the standard bs of NEW ownership.

Went to unplug it and go into the den and start transferring everything from my Toshiba 17 inch laptop, it shut off.

Okay....... maybe the battery was not in correctly. Slid it out and back in. 

No power.

Plugged it back in, Viola!!! it works. Okay not a problem, It could be a very very very low battery. (but one would think after 4 hours, it would be fully or at least SOMEWHAT charged right?) Nope, 0 %

Okay, not a problem, called customer service, they offered a replacement a replacement Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop sent to me, I thought, hey lets not get hasty and start sending laptops through the mail and burn up shipping costs) So how about just a battery?

OH NO.... This girl who was a """""technician""""" certified (after 48 seconds of 2 questions) ...Certified that it was the motherboard. Oh cool, that is fast, NOT ONE screw driver turned and SHE KNOWS.... How cool is that?

After changing 2 reps who wanted to send me a WHOLE replacement Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop sent to me which I HAD TO PAY FOR IN ADVANCE at FULL PRICE ( ABOUT 980.00) 

Finally after a 3rd customer service rep. got me another battery coming, which I HAD TO PAY FOR IN ADVANCE.

Hmmm, something told me then this is not going well.

Oh but this gets better.................

I get the idea while the battery is being shipped to me.........to go to local retailers like Best Buy and Office Deopt and see if anyone can nail this down.

Easy test right?

Swap chargers and batteries with a display model versus mine.

All three stores were more than willing to lend a hand and display parts to help nail this down.

Did that at 3 stores.

Yeap, the Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop I bought will not charge ANY battery regardless of chargers used.

ALL 3 stores display Lenovos, WILL charge this battery from the Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop that I bought online.

So this is either the socket is failed in someway, or maybe this """"technician""""" who diagnosed this in 48 seconds, thousands of miles away was right, (and got lucky with her guess).

Okay not a big deal right? Just get a replacement Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop sent to me....

Here is the punchline:

WE cannot send you a replacement since this is a "Black Friday" item from Lenovo Outlet.com

It is not an authorized reseller. It is also a NON RETURNABLE item.

Oh really? Where was that at the point of sale? / click submit your order online?

Hmm.

I called my credit card company. They now know about this and the transaction is now been bounced.

Really Lenovo? Your customer service (at your convenience) is either "Linked" with each other and or not "Linked" with each other.

Got 4 different stories about replacement Laptops and then told I could not get one.

Shees.

Oh one other thing, I get told that the 21 day replacement is only good from the POINT OF ORDER, then the POINT OF SHIPPED TO ME, then when it is MY HANDS... 

Huh?

I now own a Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop doorstop now.

Hmmm I wonder if I have one speaker or two after reading some other posts about Black Friday G series laptops.

Just think, I was a IBM and thinkpad fan for years and owned one of every version that came out every 6 months. Then bought a Toshiba 3 years ago and had 7 dvd / cd drive issues and got that fixed and SWORE I would get an IBM / thinkpad ish laptop.

Now I am thinking I should have went back to Toshiba

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo G 770 17.3 Laptop doorstop

hey nascarnbroncos,

sorry to hear about what had happened.

could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

I will in a few minutes. I am currenty updating HTML code on my boydcoddingtonrccars.com websites. I might loose my work if I stop.

Thanks

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

[ Edited ]

Okay here is some photos.

I hope these are what you are looking for.

Photos are of the original box, invoice, and system screen shot to show I am on the level here.

Also shown is the orange flashing light I get, I have owned nothing BUT laptops so I know this is a standard "low battery warning" for the industry.

I removed the battery to check to see if it even recognized it. It does. as shown battery not detected when removed.

I get a upcharging icon as shown, then 30 seconds later it stops "loading up" the battery icon.

Orange light will flash for about 12 hours, then stops flashing and gives a WHITE LED or ORANGE sometimes and still 0%

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Punch Card
Arshes-Nei

Out of curiousity when you buy a refurbed product from their outlet, do you get a warranty?

Is there some certification that the product works?

It seems sad that they'd try to charge you when you just purchase dthe product. I can understand a few months later but I don't think what they're doing with you is fair.

Hopefully you'll get the situation resolved as it seems a Mod is taking down your info.

Hopefully you don't have to go through the Support/Depot night mare I'm going through either.

But just FYI you may want to review your photos again looks like you missed cutting out some info.

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

[ Edited ]

I did re edit those and the server has not updated. thanks

By the way, I was told that it does have a one year bumper to bumper and can upgrade it to 3 years bumper to bumper and accident if I wanted.

What I do not get is whos story do I believe. 21 day return policy from when?

The kennedy assaination or from the point of "I saw it online" or when I get it in my hands or 21 secs after I start complaining about it.

I understand its a refurb, If they treat refurbs like red headed step children and garbage then how are they going to treat higher dollar ones? If they cannot take care of a 567.00 customer, how are they going to treat a 1500.00 Customer

If they do not have a refurb, send a new one.

OR let me take this to Valcomm in Salt Lake who is an authorized lenovo repair.

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

Sorry about the photo size. I tried posting thumbnails and they would not work

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

[ Edited ]

Okay.......

Update:

I took it to Valcomm in Salt lake City. They repair Lenovos EXCEPT Idea Essential notebooks

Why? Because they cannot even get parts for an "OLD'machine"

I tried Uintah Bussiness Systems and they are now Canon Support.

I guess I'm hosed to get this fixed.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/service-provider/default.page?

entered my zipcode 84119, then clicked Warranty center button and get this:

Uinta Business Systems, Inc.
332 W. Bugatti Ave
Salt Lake City, UT, 84115
Tel: 8014617600
Distance: 2 Miles 
Get Directions
 ThinkServer Warranty Providers

Valcom Salt Lake City LC
3520 S 300 W
Salt Lake City, UT, 84115
Tel: 801-262-9277
Distance: 2 Miles 
Get Directions

If I do not get an immediate replacement I will find another laptop company and buy one of theirs.

I refuse to send this to a "far far away land repair center" and have some clown pull all my passwords off of it.

This is ridiculous.

JaneL

Did you ever send Serge the rest of the info he requested so that he can help you?

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Blue Screen Again
Nascarnbroncos

[ Edited ]

Yes I did. I think our messages crossed in when he re asked. I sent a copy of the emailed order receipt and WN number.