Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Delbuon

Re: Lenovo G460 - Touchpad Problem

the problem is that i have G560 with  Elan touchpad,not an alps touchpad.I also tried to install alps driver and prioritizing the process..but without result.On windows 7 prio doesn't let me change alp* process to realtime..only to high priority and i didn't notice any difference in the work of the touchpad.So i decided to return to elan driver and to use a usb mouse

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

Hi Delbuon,

As i've mentioned earlier, I need a sample unit for me to escalate to regional engineering dept for inspection. I have not had any volunteer from US nor Europe. Do you mind to be a volunteer in this case? Should they found problem with the touchpad, i believe the engineers will fix/replace it right away.

If you agree, I'll need the info below here:

* Full Name
* Phone Contact
* Email Address
* Mailing Address
* Machine Serial Number

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
Delbuon

i think that your request is a nonsense request cause you see that all people that bought g460,g560 have a touchpad problemo..why don't you request a unit from Lenovo?

I bought my notebook for using it,not for sending it to you for testing...

these notebook have a specific problem and many many months gone and you are always here asking for a sample unit..Man,i like your partecipation in this forum but i'd like you take a different way to solve the problem...

IPnaSh
Kudos: 373
Solutions: 127

@Delboun

I have a G560 and I use it with a wireless Microsoft mouse.

Anyway, did you download latest drivers? Uninstall current first.

Did you configurate the settings?

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Punch Card
Delbuon

@IPnash

i use a wireless microsoft too...i downloaded last drivers and uninstalled first...

i'm not a newbie... :smileyhappy:
IPnaSh

Delbuon wrote:
@IPnash

i use a wireless microsoft too...i downloaded last drivers and uninstalled first...

i'm not a newbie... :smileyhappy:

I had some issues, but I reconfigurate the touchpad settings and it works better. Hope a new driver release comes soon.

IPnaSh

Lenovo
IPnaSh

[ Edited ]

Latest ELAN driver provided on Lenovo's site for my ELAN Smart-Pad is 7.0.4.18.

Latest ELAN I found is 8.0.7.0. I'll test if it works.

IPnaSh

Lenovo
IPnaSh

Well, I will do some testing until get the latest driver version fully functional with G560.

IPnaSh

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
ericwangx

"I bought my notebook for using it,not for sending it to you for testing"

@delbuon, haha, that is a good one. the simple fact that even google recognizes "lenovo g460 touchpad issue" when i just type in "lenovo g460" suggests that many people have a problem with it.

has anyone had success with the new drivers? i really want to know why they can't just replace my one piece touchpad with the multi button touchpad. it seems like a small thing, since it is supposedly a downgrade.
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I know you are facing this issue, and want it to be fixed. It's the same to me wishing to be able to find a away to get it resolved for you and everybody is happy. If we could not have hands-on inspection on the affected machines, we're not able to analyze the issue thoroughly and come to a conclusion. If all of the units of this model we have on hand have this issue, we won't be asking for volunteer. I just want to express myself that I am as eager as everyone else hoping for a solution.

Anyhow, you do have the right to refuse my request. I'll see what else i can do to assist the engineers.
I would like to know did anyone approach service centre for this issue?If no, please send your machine in.

If yes but the issue persists, please let me know the case/reference number along with your machine serial number, your name, phone contact, email address. Send me a private message instead. Please do not publish serial number in public.

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество