Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ken8be

Re: Lenovo G460 - Touchpad Problem

[ Edited ]

hi guys!i have the same problem before but after i browsed my control panel i found something that could help your problem on the touchpad.

What should you do is go to control panel, go to the multi-finger icon (which is color red with a cursive E sign) then you can adjust the settings of the responsiveness of the touchpad. i believe this is an embedded software for lenovo g460 named E-LAN SmartPad.

you can also edit some of the controls like two-finger tapping, three finger tapping etc. for the issue of the unresponsiveness of the touchpad, you can adjust it at the palm tracking icon (the buttom-most icon in the E-LAN SmartPad), then adjust it to minimum.

By default, the settings of the palm-tracking sensitivity is nearly at maximum, meaning, the touchpad won't respond until it is a legitimate touch at the touchpad, they did it so that they can limit unwanted touches like when your palm touches the touchpad, or your wrist etc.

What i did is i set it to minimum and the touchpad works superb. Hope this can help. GodBless!

What's DOS?
itsthemedia

Sheesh, I called to late to cancel my order for a G460 after seeing all these touchpad problems! Any tips on how I should proceed? It just shipped today. I guess the only way to avoid the 15% restocking fee is to refuse shipment? Or is this laptop workable? Thanks in advanced!

What's DOS?
osaeris

I have recently received a G460 now dual-booting Win7 Ubuntu 10.04. The touchpad and indeed a USB mouse is useless in Ubuntu there is no left click but sometimes there is. Under Win 7 there are startup errors like ""GfxUI has stopped working". This is useless I'm going to return it.

What's DOS?
cringous

We purchased 5 Lenovo G460 and the touchpad really have a serious project problem. All the computers have the same issue, and it's very tricky and displeasant to work with it without a mouse USB. We already have another model from Lenovo (a Netbook) and it's touchpad works fine. It seems like a problem exclusive from G460. We considered to return all 5 notebooks, but due the long term of purchase (2 months) we must be stucked with it. I still have a hope that some driver update could minimize the problem, but still don't find nothing. Bad for Lenovo, who lost a client and the correspondent contact network.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 247
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Did you try ken8be's suggestion in message 81

If the settings cannot help either, i suggest you to get in touch with service centre.

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
What's DOS?
satinder

I was using T61 Lenovo laptop from last 2 and half  years, Based on my experience i bought G460 laptop. I am very much frustrated with G460 touchpad. I bought G460 laptop in Bangalore, India a month back. How can i return this laptop.

Paper Tape
espindola89

I can´t seem to understand so many complaints. Personally, I love this touchpad, it´s working fine, not a single problem.

Serial Port
boyee

[ Edited ]

I have a G560 Model 0679 and immediately could tell about the touchpad issue right out of the box. I owned it so far for a few days.

I uninstalled the Elan touchpad driver and it automatically defaulted to the Microsoft driver. This seems to help.

Currently I discovered in my D: Lenovo partition drive there is a folder called "drivers" Inside there are all the drivers for my computer. There is a subfolder called "Touchpad" which contains folders with drivers in them for Elantech as well as Synaptics. I was able to successfully install the Synaptics driver 15.1.13.0 which was in the folder. So far the results have been pleasing.

I will keep monitoring my touchpad's performance and report back any issues.

Paper Tape
tomvjose

What's DOS?
vmax0080

I have check my system upside down and there is nothing like what you mention about multi finger icon and the ELAN thing. My touch pad is Synaptics. Anyway this touch pad is the worse ever thing you can ever have.