Support in other languages: 
SVC
Blue Screen Again
SVC

Lenovo G530 Graphics Driver Not Recognized

I am having a problem with my Lenovo G530 laptop.  This has been going on ever since I first got the laptop, back in August of 2009.

My laptop is a widescreen, and every time I reboot it doesn't recognize the fact that the computer is a widescreen and just uses the normal, more square-shaped resolution which ends up making the screen look out of proportion (everything is stretched out and really big).

I have tried changing the resolution by right-clicking the main screen and clicking on "properties" but it doesn't recognize the fact that the computer is a wide-screen.

The only thing that I do that fixes the problem is re-install the graphics driver (I re-downloaded it from the Lenovo website, the file name is 52ch04ww.exe) and reboot my computer after that.  Usually it takes several tries of deleting the driver, re-installing, and rebooting, but all day today I have been trying the same thing and my computer still will not register the wide-screen driver.

I am at a loss as to what to do about this problem, and would appreciate some advice if anyone else has dealt with this before.

Thanks!

Sarah

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Lenovo G530 Graphics Driver Not Recognized

Post model number, (Eample: 0768-ABC) and operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7).