Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
kd82

Lenovo G530 Noisy!! BIOS?

Hi,

I recently bought a Lenovo G530. I have read in reviews that it should be quiet and thereby suitable for silent environments. But my G530 is NOT silent! The fan seems to run on timed intervalls rather than temperatur. It runs about every minute at a low but quite noticable speed. I only use Explorer and Office-applications - no gaming for me.

I use Windows Vista. I have updated the BIOS with the Lenovo program installed when new.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? WHAT COULD BE WRONG? Please help. If i can not make it more silent, I will have to return it.

BR

Kristoffer

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,232
Solutions: 1,317

Re: Lenovo G530 Noisy!! BIOS?

download the speedfan program, and see when does the fan kick in, in terms of temperature and the rpm of the fan too.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
kd82

Now i have downloaded speedfan. It tells me that the fan starts at approximately 50 degrees celsius and stops when the core reaches about 42 degrees. I do not know if this is normal or not!? The problem might be that the CPU seems to run all the time, even when I am not using/toucing the computer. What do you think? There are, by the way, two temperature indicators one for Core 0 and one for Core 1. The fan noise is really getting on my nerves.. hehe...

I will be greatful for help..

BR

Kristoffer

lead_org

that is the normal thermal management system. 
Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
kd82

Ok, but the problem is that it goes from 42 degrees to 50 very fast- even when idle it only takes about one minute. This again makes the fan run very often. Is it normal that it runs so frequently?

lead_org

is there a bios that you can update? This is to do with the bios power management.... there are 0 to 7 level in fan speed, with zero meaning zero rpm and level 7 is the highest fan speed at around 3600 rpm.

Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
kd82

I used the Lenovo built-in updata program and I think it updated the power management. Is there any way to uninstall this, I mean if the previous power management driver was better? Or is it possible to control it, or make other settings?

lead_org

you can uninstall it under control panel.

I am not sure whether TPfancontrol works on the G530, but you can have a try, this is the program that allows fan speed control for different temperature.  

Regards,

Jin Li

Serial Port
boyee

I have a G560 I just purchased new a few days ago and noticed the same exact symptoms as the OP described.

I too have downloaded SpeedFan and confirm that it is odd that the temperature can fluctuate in such a short time with very little to no demanding programs running.

It is pretty annoying that every other minute or less the fan will turn on audible enough to be annoying in a quiet room. Then the next minute or less the fan is off and then the cycle starts over again.

I have been reading through a lot of posts in the lenovo forums and will continue to monitor my fan behavior.

Community Moderator
yigit

@ boyee
which version of bios do you have?

http://www.ki-themes.com