Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
resinate
Accepted Solution

Lenovo G530 laptop screen flicker

I have a Lenovo G530 laptop that has an issue with screen flicker that is getting worse. The computer screen will start going thru a crazy screen flicker then will stop and start again. I have already checked cable connection to lcd on motherboard and reseated connection of lcd to motherboard located under the keyboard as someone suggested in another posting I found online that resolved issue for them. I am starting to think it might be a bad inverter or screen because I have hooked up laptop to external monitor and it is running fine with no flickering happening when the flickering is occurring on laptop.

I am attaching a link to a small video I shot of the issue as it is occurring on laptop screen.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

Bad inverter or screen?

Screen flicker vid

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Lenovo G530 laptop screen flicker

"Bad inverter or screen?" Yes, most likely. :smileywink:

But which one? Cutting in and out like that, I have not seen.

My thinking is the inverter is cheaper, so I try that first.

It is still possible that the cable is faulty, though.

Not much help, I know.

What's DOS?
mynis01

I am having this exact same issue. Does anyone have a link to the service manual and/or videos for this laptop?

Community Moderator
yigit

if you have valid warranty, contact lenovo support line. ( free replacement )

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
johnnyp1231

G530 Screen Flicker Question

After about a year of owning my G530, the screen began to flicker. It is not a software issue because if i shake or tap the laptop, it stops momentarily. so I looked online for a fix and decided to open it up and see if anything was loose. Nothing seemed to be lose, so I basically unplugged the connectors and plugged them back in in hopes to fix the issue. After that, my laptop was fine with no flickering for about a week. I was pretty proud of myself hah.. but then a couple weeks later.. the issue came back gradually. 

I do not have a very good understanding of how laptops work or about computer hardware in general so if this could be explained in the most simplest way that would be best..

In the following picture, I have my laptops keyboard removed and the connectors exposed. Could anyone identify which connector i need to seal or re-tape to stop this flickering? Ive labeled what i believe might be some candidates.

Picture here

My warranty is expired, that is why I'm trying to fix it myself.

Thanks,

John

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: G530 Screen Flicker Question

not sure but "c" i think ( i'm not familiar with g series )

could be connector cable issue, replacement may needed for that.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-63484.html

Paper Tape
johnnyp1231

update!

So I decided to take Yigits suggestion of it might be C. I found this to be maybe a bit loose but not to the extent that I would imagine there to be a continued problem. I've noticed that Lenovo used what appeared to be masking tape to keep these connectors in place. So.. for the remaining connectors that did not have tape, I applied my own masking tape to try to keep the connectors from shifting around.

So far, so good... No flickering at all, however like the last time I cracked open my laptop to fix this issue, it came back about a week later. Ill update if I see any flickering

Paper Tape
johnnyp1231

Oh this laptop is somthing else.. Its back to its old flickering habbits again. 

Community Moderator
yigit

loose cable again?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Johnny,

If your system does this pretty regularly, we'd like to see it and see if we can fix it.

Please send me a PM with your contact information if you would be willing to let us have a look and fix it.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество