Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Odelayen

Re: G530 Screen Flicker Question

I had the same problem and I fix it by screwing the screws which keep the lcd unit in place.

Bye

Paper Tape
abhishek29583

Hi Mark,

I am having a G430 and since some months the screen flickering problem is troubling me. Is there any fix for the issue as many other users are also having the same issue?

Regards,

Abhishek

What's DOS?
JulieG

Re: G530 Screen Flicker

My G530 is doing exactly the same thing ! I purchased it in May 2009. The flicker began November 2010. I have had it into the local computer store twice now and they are at a loss as to how to fix it. It will work for a couple of weeks before it starts to flicker again gradually getting worse to where it is impossible to use. This is very frustrating on a less than 2 year old laptop. I am quite disappointed in this laptop.
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: G530 Screen Flicker

possible hardware issue. could be loose cable. still you need to contact support line ( lenovo or local one )

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
timefx1

I work for a University and we have passed out a lot of G530's to a lot of students that are experiencing the screen flicker and jumping. I fixed one this morning by replacing the LCD screen. I had to charge $90 for the new screen since these are out of warranty. I need a better solution for laptops less than 2 years old.  We have started passing out G550's and G560's . Are we going to have the same problem with them? Any help would be appreciated.

Randy

Community Moderator
yigit

have you checked the connector cables? as i read somewhere in this forum, one of the users just replaced the cable and as he said, it worked.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
chongoculo

laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

[ Edited ]

I have been experiencing the screen flicker, mostly white screen issue that soooo many people have talked about. It was getting progressively worse and was related to screen position in that to clear it up I had to move the screen tilt a bit.

I can tell you with 100% certainty what cleared up my problem instantly and completely:

Take out the battery and the battery recess remove the 4 or 5 screws that hold the top plate above the keyboard in place (small philips head).

There are a couple of screws holding each of the screen hinges in place the the body of the laptop. TIGHTEN THEM!

I know it sounds really too easy, but this particular screen flicker is caused by the loose hinges. I've seen video posted of the problem and it was exactly what mine was doing.

It's a 5 minute fix.

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Re: laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

chongoculo, welcome to the forum,

that's interesting, which Lenovo system do you have? Hopefully other members experiencing the same, with the same system, will be able to confirm your findings.

Your post seemed to have landed in another thread on another topic, so I moved it here to start a new one.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
chongoculo

That would be the g530.  Read several posts describing exactly wht was going on with me. One attached video confirmed it for me. It was really getting bad, not the slightest flicker since.

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Thanks for posting your system, this allows us to merge your posts to the relevant thread which I have now done.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog