Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
usmc_3043

Lenovo G530 4446 Screen Flickers

I have a G530 4446 laptop screen that flickers constantly. I've updated the Intel graphics driver, air blowed the dust, etc. My warranty has expired and I am trying to fix it on my own. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-Bon

What's DOS?
better05

Re: laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

Please advise if your g530 flickering problem is fixed, by tightening screws under battery.
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G530 4446 Screen Flickers

@ usmc_3043
check the cables and connectors first.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
a_serrato69

Re: G530 Screen Flicker Question

It seems that Lenovo computers came out with the same problem specially the G530 because mine does exactly the same thing as Johnny's,"flickers a lot",very disappointing.I wonder if there is any Lenovo shop in the Bay Area and how much it would cost just to check it.

Community Moderator
yigit

it's better idea cause it's probably hardware issue.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
liviuc

Re: laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

Yes, you gave the best answer, problem fixed in 5 minutes!

the screws get loose over time with repeated hinge use while turning laptop on/off.

likely problem will reappear in 1-2 years again if not earlier, but not in one week !!!

What's DOS?
skipwool

Laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

THIS IS THE FIX: I had the same problem with my G530: the LCD display would flicker and "glitch out" with horizontal line garble and picture jumping all around. I thought it might be heat related, It got to be a regular daily occurance and got more frequent and started happening sooner and sooner after boot up. But a novice can fix this with a small phillips-head screwdriver!  Here's a little more detail to add to the earlier posts. Above the keyboard, carefully pop off the section of the cover that includes the power button, volume up/down, touchpad on/off buttons. There are no screws, it just snaps in and out of place. Once uncovered, with a small phillips-head screwdriver, tighten the 3 screws on the left, and 3 screws on the right, which hold the display hinges to the main "box". Pop the cover back on, and you're done.  For good measure, tighten all the screws on the bottom, including the 4 screws under the battery. Mine has been running for 24 hours now with no glitching or flickering.  I'll post again if this fix doesn't last.

What's DOS?
mbmba

Were you able to resolve?  Mine is getting to the point of being very frustrating.  I constantly have to push the screen back and forth for it it stop for a while.  Good thing the 2nd or attached monitor never flickers. 

Could really use some help - Thank You!!!

DAF
802.11n
DAF

I was able to fix my G530 flicker problem also by tightening all the screws under the top keyboard bezel. One word of caution: this bezel is actually held by the 4 screws found in the battery compartment. Remove those 4 screws first then gently lift the bezel from the back to release it.  This was an immediate fix that has held for 2 months now!

E420, i5, 8GB, 500GB/7200, 32GB mSATA, Win 8.1 Pro x64
T61, 4GB, 500GB Hybrid, Win 8.1 Pro x64
What's DOS?
jkthorn3

I had tried some of the half fixes about tightening the bezel etc. Here was the steps that I eventually had to do to fix the issue.

A.) tighten the hinge screws

B.) Remove Key Board and disconnect and reconnect the two video connectors then reassemble.

Found this information out with photos as well via  http://www.whatsmykarma.com/blog/?p=495