Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bkochis

Re: Lenovo G530 4446 Screen Flickers - Solved

All, 

I have a G530 with the screen flicker problem also.  I have tightened the screens as previously mentioned and yes they were loose.  I was still having the problem occasionally afterwards and determined that the cause was DUST under the screen hinges.  

After I disassembled the G530 again and got out my can of compressed air you would not believe the amount of dust that went flying.  No more screen flicker.

Additionally, you want to remove the 2 screws holding the large panel on the underside.  (The panel you remove to add memory).  Then carefully remove the 3 screws holding the fan in place.  You do not need to disconnect the power cable for the fan. Once the fan is removed, look at the exhause port for the fan.  While looking from the inside where the fan was mounted, notice the nice pile of dust/lint on the grill?   Clean this also, and NOT by blowing the dust back into the case.

As my house is extremely dusty, I need to perform this task every six months.  

Hope you find this useful. 

Fanfold Paper
thierse

Re: Lenovo G530 4446 Screen Flickers - Solved

I tried tightening the screws, but still had screen flicker. Now the screen is black...nothing at all. Do you think the G530 overheated because of dust & damaged the inverter or screen? Thanks.

What's DOS?
bad1788

Re: Lenovo G530 laptop screen flicker

Hey,

I've been experiencing the same issue with my G530 I tried updating my graphic drivers which solved the issue for a few hours, then it came back.

Following that I tried the steps in the thread, I did tighten the screws which were exceedingly loose. That solved the issue for about a day. Now the cursed screen flicker is back, it hasn't bloomed white yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I was wondering what other steps if possible could solve the issue? It is super annoying.

What's DOS?
mgfine

Re: G530 Screen Flicker Question

[ Edited ]

Sorry PM would not work

Hi Mark,

I too have the flickering screen issue with my G530 that I read you discussing here:

03-03-2011 08:07 AM

You offered to take a look and see what it would take to fix.

Perhaps by now, you have an effective path to follow as I've been living with the flicker for a long time and now have some time to try to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

Paper Tape
AmolK

Flickering Problem fixed.

I have Lenovo G530. I had similar problem  for long time (more than a year). I used to reattach the left LCD cable which would fix the problem temporarity. But the flickering would start after sometime again. I also found out that the flickering would stop if i pressed down on the panel next to the power switch area (Not the power switch). I figured it must be the loose cable on the left of the LCD. So I put a little piece of paper & taped it right below the power switch, where there is little empty space without cables. I the idea was to push the left LCD cable & keep it firmly attached. I used a simple copy paper folded 3-4 times about 1/2 inch wide & 2 inch long. The paper is taped at the bottom of the top panel in a way tha it will push down on the left LCD cable. Since then, I have'nt had flickering for a month now.

This is probably one of the most stupidest fix i had done in my life !!!

Paper Tape
AmolK

Please see my post. I had similar problem. Fixed it. 

Paper Tape
simonvanellis

Hey Mark
Did you ever figure out what is causing this flicker?

My G530 has been doing it for years!!

Thanks
Simon
What's DOS?
rsgp88

if you still unable to fix your problem give a try to this solution. I have also 3000 Lenovo G530 model.. i have also came across this problem.. i didn't find any solution on Internet. At last i have found a solution. don't think i am spamming.. Look at this post How to Solve Display Flickering problem of Lenovo 3000 G530

Paper Tape
matkring

Re: laptop screen flicker issues SOLUTION

This also fixed two of my g530's :-)) thanks a lot mate :-)
Paper Tape
ThinkpadXBMCer

You, sir, are a genius. Got temporary success from tightening the hinges and replugging the cables. Put a small strip of bubble wrap over the cables and a pieck of thin corrugated cardbord 1/2 x 2. Fantastic primitive fix. There is so much info out there and some is good and some is better(some NG too).

P.S. This machine is pretty but stinks. It is constructed poorly and there are still no win7 drivers.

Better support for thinkpads than on these too. Wouldn't give up my x60, t60p, or t61 for this even though it may be more valuable than some of them. Had a SL510 I worked on recently. Cheaply made but not as bad. I guess the IBM quality has faded by now.

AmolK wrote:

Flickering Problem fixed.

I have Lenovo G530. I had similar problem  for long time (more than a year). I used to reattach the left LCD cable which would fix the problem temporarity. But the flickering would start after sometime again. I also found out that the flickering would stop if i pressed down on the panel next to the power switch area (Not the power switch). I figured it must be the loose cable on the left of the LCD. So I put a little piece of paper & taped it right below the power switch, where there is little empty space without cables. I the idea was to push the left LCD cable & keep it firmly attached. I used a simple copy paper folded 3-4 times about 1/2 inch wide & 2 inch long. The paper is taped at the bottom of the top panel in a way tha it will push down on the left LCD cable. Since then, I have'nt had flickering for a month now.

This is probably one of the most stupidest fix i had done in my life !!!

I am going to sell it. It's working. I won't sell it to a friend though. Would get them a t61/t60p flexview frankenpad built. This is for some dumb kid who wants a glossy screen and webcam. But you made it usable. I took it as trade for setting up home theater for someone. Thanks for the fix again. Cool the way you called it your dumbest fix ever. Not true though. It's harder to find the exact problem.