Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
KomalDureja

Lenovo G550 - Keyboard/Mouse/Pointer Issues - PLEASE HELP Tech suppport couldn't.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Lenovo tech support last week to try to solve this issue and it is not solved. The guy had never heard of it and kept researching how to fix it.  I personally  have this feeling that it's a very very simple issue but I can't figure out how to correct it.  I've changed mouse/pointer settings and it still isn't working.  I love my new laptop in every other way but i'm getting so frustrated with it I'm ready to send it back because of the problem with the mouse/pointer.  So if anyone could help me I'd appreciate it greatly.

I will be typing and out of nowhere the cursor will move to wherever the mouse is...or it will highlight everything I just typed and delete it.  I've had to type much slower and keep moving the mouse but when i'm working on my projects and typing away and highlighting/editing, I get into the work and it's a pain in the rear when the cursor suddenly moves a paragraph up and I am still typing away and sometimes don't realize it until i've typed another two sentences.  Hence the typing slower.

Today it deleted discussion posts I had typed up for my online classes before I had hit submit. Causing me to waste another 30 minutes trying to retype what I'd already done.  I was ready to throw this laptop in the garbage.

I decided to not do that and post in this forum in the hopes that someone will be able to help me.

Thank you,

Komal

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Lenovo G550 - Keyboard/Mouse/Pointer Issues - PLEASE HELP Tech suppport couldn't.

Do you have mousepad software installed?

Synaptics or Alps?

Look for a setting "disable tapping while typing" or similar,

it may help.

What's DOS?
KomalDureja

Re: Lenovo G550 - Keyboard/Mouse/Pointer Issues - PLEASE HELP Tech suppport couldn't.

Hi!

Thanks for the tip...did it yesterday...but it's still doing the same exact thing.  :smileysad:   Can you think of anything else to do?  And it says I have the Alps software installed...don't know if that would help you come up with anything else.  Hopefully it does!

:smileyhappy:

Thank you!

What's DOS?
Shelagh

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my G550 laptop. Like you I feel like throwing it in the bin. It is so frustrating. I am wondering if you ever did resolve it or did you just cut your losses and move on? Would love to know if there is a solution.

Community Moderator
yigit

@ shelagh

try to un-install touchpad drivers,restart your computer and check if issue persists.

and/or try to flash bios update ( for bios update, read readme file first )

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=600154

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
What's DOS?
KomalDureja

Hi!

The way I fixed it was by going to control panel, then click on Mouse....then click on the tab pointer options. Uncheck the box that says "Snap To"...then make sure u apply and hit okay and then restart the computer.  That should work!