Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
pokerchampin
Accepted Solution

Lenovo G550 Wi-fi Problems

Just got a new Lenovo G550 (2852DU).

The Wi-fi seems to be pretty problematic. I'm having a WPA-PSK secured wifi at home.

It connects if I give username and password and immediately disconnects.

If I save the network and say - connect automatically, this connection disconnection cycle keeps on happening infinitely :smileysad:. I've tried updating the drivers. No go.

I tried using a unsecure network and it was fine. Is it that my broadcom WLAN chip doesn't like WPA-PSK password? It's freaking insane.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pokerchampin

Re: Lenovo G550 Wi-fi Problems

Problemo solved!! :smileywink:

I called up Lenovo customer care, they told the 'Lenovo ReadyConn' software that's pre-loaded is faulty.

I removed that and added my Wireless networks 'manually' and I'm good to go :smileyvery-happy:

JaneL

Thanks for coming back with the solution to help others!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pokerchampin

I know, I told the customer care executive (whom I spoke to) to document such known problems/issues somewhere, so that it'd be useful to other customers. I found it weird that such matters were handled so un-professionally by Lenovo.

I just wanted the future customers not to be caught in two-minds like I was. :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
strasburg

I had the same problem with my new G550. My wireless router is not even protected yet my G550 could not connect to it. I deleted the ReadyComm software and the Wi-Fi problem is fixed.

Thank you for your post and thank you for saving me from calling Lenovo customer service! :smileyhappy:

What's DOS?
mrhprl

I just received a g550 lenova second hand, but never used...I never have connection problems with the notebook, with the experience that i have from my toshiba notebook i try to take out the batterie of when i use it with ac power to prolong the battery life...

what i wonder is ,

Does the notebook have a recovery dvd or vista dvd comes with the original package when it is sold?

Punch Card
SectorStar

[ Edited ]

Nope, Microsoft doesn't include it with anything unless you buy an IBM. I got mine for free though because after I recently had to reformat my Lenovo Notebook for an unknown reason, I went to install Vista Service Pack 1, restarted, and it f-ed up my computer after I just spent 2 days of installing all the other crap. Their customer service is about as helpful as the Republicans are with the health care reformat right now. Emails pretty much consisted of just repeating everything you said and copy and pasting something from the FAQ on their site. After suggesting something to me that I knew was incorrect and not recommended to do by this site and the vista forums, they just gave me the stupid DVD for free, though all I wanted was an explanation as to why it f-ed it up my computer and how to prevent it. Since then, I no longer downloaded windows updates, or anything made by Microsoft other then Windows Live Messenger. But if you look online you might be able to find a version of it to download and burn to a dvd. Because I don't see the logic of paying nearly or around 70 bucks for a dvd that you might only use once or twice during the life of your computer.

What's DOS?
mrhprl

Thanks for the answer. although i always close the windows update section so i don't get an trash or send  anything to microsoft because i have a limited connection.. If there is the security updates, anyway i always use a good security program for internet and viruses .

Up to now there isn't any security problems...i'm satisfied with g550..Just i want to add xp or leo operating system to another partition, so i can choose between them for different applications. they say Windows 7 will have better performance  unlike vista...

Is there any possibility i can get free vista copy send to my adress like you did?

What's DOS?
jimmygt

Thank you so much for your posting, i just purchased my G550 and was frustrated because it wouldnt connect to my D-link router, after an hour of trying and a 45min hold with Lenovo tech support after which i hung up, i decided to do a google search n found this site, n Im glad i did because i deleted the 'Lenovo ReadyConn' software' n now my G550 works perfectly with my router!

Fanfold Paper
greendesert

Hi Pokerchampin

Let me buy you a beer if I could. OR buy you a jet plane.

You solved my problem. Since yesterday I been calling Lenovo and nobody knows what is happening.

And I was about to send it to their depot but not anymore.

Just uninstall the **bleep** lenovo comm software and thats it.