Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
willpowersj

Re: Lenovo G550 Wi-fi Problems

I just got my Lenovo Y450 today and was immediately frustrated that the WiFi reception was intermittent even though I was 3 feet away from my wireless router and it works fine with my wife's macbook and a friend's older Lenovo notebook. In fact it was crashing the wireless router while I looked up this solution on my wife's macbook. I uninstalled Lenovo Readyconn and it now works great! Thanks a bunch for helping me solve my WiFi problem.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
pokerchampin

@greendesert :

This thread was made for that purpose only. Actually I was one of the early few ppl who got this laptop. I was shocked to see no one had the same problem before. Google didn't yield good results as well. Thankfully one of the CSrs did know the solution. And eventually, it got posted here.

Oh by the way, I'm in Dallas. Waiting for the free beer! :smileyvery-happy:

Paper Tape
lazybones91

Lenovo G550 Wi-fi Problems

Hello fellow mates,

I am using the same Lenovo G550 laptop. I have the intel wireless card installed. I usually have to connect to two wireless networks daily. One at school and the other at home. Whenever my computer is at standby, and as I start is again, the wireless takes a long time to connect. sometimes I need to switch off the wireless switch and turn it back again. Also sometimes I need to enter the network key again even though it is saved already. Could you please help me on that matter. I am new in this forum so it will take time for me to understand how things work here.

Thanks again

What's DOS?
wilbe

Thanks, you solved my problem too, after I have put in quite a lot of time trying to figure out why I couldn't connect.

Paper Tape
computerstar

If you are having problem with windows wireless utility then use the orginal utility that came with your wireless adapter. Try the other way too.

Tech from

http://www.computerstar.ca/

Rafiq
Microsoft and Apple certified professional.
What's DOS?
ven7782

I spend hours trying to figure out why my New Lenovo G 550 wifi was disconnecting. Its not just the Wifi but even the ethernet connetcion was dropping. To make matters worse my router kept crashing too affecting my other laptop connections including my Vonage phone. If Lenovo knew this problem why on earth are they selling the Laptop with  "Lenovo ReadyConn" pre-installed? This is disgusting. Thanks to this forum I can relax now after uninstsalling ReadyConn and a bunch of other **bleep** like oovoo, IDvault etc.

What's DOS?
Againstreality

Hi Community,

I got an G550 and everthing works great until one day i can't connect to any Network longer than 3 sec's .

So i thougt this might be an specific Lenovo Software Problem so i Installed Linux.

Result : same Problem.

Than i installed FreeBSD

Result: same Problem

So i tried no WPA2 Networks....but even Hotspots disconnected after 3 sec's

When i can't connect to any Wifi Network i cant scan any Network after 5 minute's.

Please any Idea would help. I cant sent it away but want to fix it.

Thanks

Chris from Germany

Community Moderator
yigit

try to re-install/update drivers and check your modem/router manufacturer's website for firmware update.

using vista or windows 7?

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
Attila

I have the same issue, though I do not see any 'Lenovo ReadyConn' . What could be wrong? Does the tool have any other name under Windows XP?

Community Moderator
yigit

@ attila
try to reset modem first. also, make sure you unclick save power option.

right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters > find your wireless adapter > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

http://www.ki-themes.com