Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
aklee13
Accepted Solution

Lenovo G560 OneKey Recovery 7.0 error code 0xEB1b068A

Hi 

I recently purchased a Lenovo G560. First I turned it on I've tried to create DVD recovery (Default factory discs) but this error occured during the process: Failed: error code 0xEB1b068A. the softwar I used was neKey Recovery 7.0.

I had tried it twice but it wasted me two DVDs already. I looked up on the web and I've notices that it's a common problem of the lenovo think-pad computers.

If any one has the same problem that he resolved or if there is anyone who knws something about the issue please post your answers.

Thank you

What's DOS?
bdkives

Re: Problem in creating default recovery disk in lenovo Z560

I am having almost the same problem. When trying to create a new set of Factory Install disks, I get a "An internal program error has occurred. Failed error code 0xEB1B068A".

The status bar shows 99% on the second DVD when it bombs out, but only about 80% of the second DVD has been created. I have tried it twice. This is a two week old G560 from Office Depot. 

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G560 OneKey Recovery 7.0 error code 0xEB1b068A

@ aklee13
have you ever made any changes on volumes?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
pooryamd

aklee13 wrote:

Hi 

I recently purchased a Lenovo G560. First I turned it on I've tried to create DVD recovery (Default factory discs) but this error occured during the process: Failed: error code 0xEB1b068A. the softwar I used was neKey Recovery 7.0.

I had tried it twice but it wasted me two DVDs already. I looked up on the web and I've notices that it's a common problem of the lenovo think-pad computers.

If any one has the same problem that he resolved or if there is anyone who knws something about the issue please post your answers.

Thank you

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Error-code-0xEB1B068A-when-creating-defau...

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Admin note - this discussion had been combined with other discussion on OKR, but since this error code is specific and we have several different discussions already with different potential causes, it may be worth keep this one separate so that we can hopefully arrive at a specific solution on this case.

Pooryamd,

Thanks for your suggested solution based on that KB article.

We've seen this error code come up a couple times year, and one scenario had to do with changes to the partition sizes. 

So, aklee13, did you change any of the partitions?

Another reason for the errror code might be that you are not running as the administrator on the system - if you have multiple user IDs on your system - if you are sharing the PC with someone else and have a log on for them.  Try right click and run as administrator.

Searching a bit, I find same error code reported for ASUS system, so this doesn't seem to be a Lenovo unique issue, maybe something underlying in Windows.  Not assigning blame, just saying that there may be somethign going on that isn't specific to One Key Recovery.

Can you tell us a bit more about your system and situation.  Have you made any changes to the system since you got it?  What kind of DVDs are you using?  Brand and type.

The more you can share with the community, the more we can help.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
aklee13

I didn't make any chage in volume or nothing it was the first think I did is creating the DVDs recovery 

Fanfold Paper
aklee13

It is a brand new the seller from whom I bought it suggested me to use DVD+R instead of DVD-R. I'm waiting to those DVD but I still don't think that it's because of DVDs

Fanfold Paper
aklee13

I used Phillips blank DVD-R twice it was Windows 7 with only one user and password that The computer asked me to create befor It runs for the first time. Then I directly tried to create those DVDs but the result was the same I don't know if the defaut user I created at the first time is an administrator at the same time.

Community Moderator
yigit

can you run the okr from the icon on desktop by right clicking "run as administrator"?

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
aklee13

I run it as Administrator and it works!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much I custmer service from whom I bought it want just  to give me quiq answer by sugesting me to bay DVD+R for 11$. thank you again and I made two DVD revoeryinstead of three