Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
dano407

Re: Lenovo G560 OneKey Recovery 7.0 error code 0xEB1b068A

I tried running as an administrator and it didn't work. I was also using DVD+R discs. Very frustrating. I wonder if the same error would occur if I used an external hard drive? I've been thinking about getting one anyways to backup my files.

Community Moderator
yigit

@dano407
try to use dvd-r or different brand.
have you made changes on volumes?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
plmani

Hi,

I am also having the same problem. I got this Lenovo Z570 laptop from a retailer with one user id already created in the pre-installed windows 7 home premium OS. OKR 7.0 was also installed in the system. I continued using the user id that was already created and have not changed anything in windows login.

I too have wasted two DVD+R, both of which stopped with this same error message once the first disk is created properly and the DVD drive ejected the first disk.

Its really frustrating and I have wasted atleast 4 hrs today going through various forums on the net looking for an answer.

Regards,

Mani

Community Moderator
yigit

@ plmani
is there any option to burn dvds when you start-up your computer by pressing one key recover button? also, can you confirm that you haven't made any changes on volumes and you have admin privileges?

What's DOS?
plmani

No, I have not made any change to the hard disk volume. It came with 2 partitions (C and D) and I have not made any change to that.

After going through responses for similar error messages, I tried running OKR 7.0 as administrator and the total file size was 15GB with 3 DVD's required to burn (this was the case earlier as well). This time the error message did not appear after first disc was completed. It asked me to insert the second disc and the error message came this time when the second disc was burnt. So, I have now wasted 6 new DVD+R.............

Now I will check the option to burn DVD's at start-up as mentioned by you. But this looks more like shooting in the dark and I dont have much hope. Cant we figure out what exactly is causing this error?

Mani

Community Moderator
yigit

try to re-install/update one key recover application from download page.

What's DOS?
plmani

As expected, no luck.

I uninstalled OKR and reinstalled again. I checked my user id and it has the administrator credentials. In fact, there is only one user id created in this computer. I have not made any changes to hard disc volumes either.

This time too, I ran OKR by right clicking and running as administrator and it created the first DVD correctly and asked me to insert the second disc. It created the second disk too and the error message popped up again. The error always comes up at verifying stage only. Earlier it used to come at verifying the first disc itself, now it is coming at the second disc stage. Wasted DVD+R count is 10 now, an entire box gone down the drain.

I am not going to try anything more until we have a clear answer for this error. This has made an indelible dent in the confidence and reputation I had for Lenovo. I now only pray that the system doesn't crash like this piece of junk software.

Community Moderator
yigit

could be something wrong with the current factory backup.
did you try performing clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button?

What's DOS?
plmani

No, I didnt try that. This would mean I would loose all the system settings, favourites, files I have used / saved in the last two months. Though I can take a back-up of all of that and do a complete installation, this a bit of a task which I cant spend time on right now. 

Another reason is, this is again a trial and error and may be this might fix the problem. But since this is only a probability, I dont want to try those chances as I am not convinced enough to take the trouble.

Anyway, thanks for quick replies.

Community Moderator
yigit

can you try to burn "current system backup"?