Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
xavi

g560 network adapter and fan control disabled after wake from sleep

HI

After my new lenovo wakes from sleep Smart fan control no longer works. Fan is allways on in spite of CPU tempreture is about 35 degrees, never goes up. no process is stucked. it never stops, so i have to restart.

The second issue is if i pull out power adapter while notebook is "sleeping", after wake up on battery ,my network adapter is not working. even restart doesnt help, i have to put it sleep and wake up again to make it work. It's annoying.

I've updated my bios recently but it doesn't help.

i have my G560 just tree weeks, i cant figure it out. i'm not even sure if it is notebook or windows issue

I'm using 64bit Win 7

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: g560 network adapter and fan control disabled after wake from sleep

for network issue try this:

right click my computer > manage > device management > network adapters > find your wireless adapter > double click > on power management tab, make sure "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" unchecked

also you may need to flash bios update for both of your issue.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_3840.html

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
xavi

I did BIOS update about week ago and i didn't help.

I've installed Arch linux yesterday and I've found that there is no ethernet network adapet issue in Arch - so it's propbably only windows. i tried to turn off powersaving but it doesn't help. After wake up there were no network adapter present in Device manager(seems hardware turn off or something).

But  fan doesn't turn off after wake up from suspend, neither in windows 7 nor in arch linux.

I can live with turned off ethernet newtork on battery(it's pretty useless anyway :smileyhappy:), but fan allways on is annoying and noisy.

thank for advice and sorry for putting this topic in wrong section

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

performing clean windows installation may help you

or try to re-install drivers ( un-install drivers first,restart your computer then install it again )

edit: before clean windows installation, try to reset bios for default settings.

if you believe fan issue started after updating bios, you can flash previous bios.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y560-fan-running/td-p/288116

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Downgrading-Bios/m-p/283490

http://www.ki-themes.com
Punch Card
sekacmagor

Re: Lenovo G560 issue - fan never stops

You won't believe it. It returned from service again (because... yes, I sent it twice!) but the problem is still there...
Punch Card
sekacmagor

At least, I'm not alone with this stupid problem. Exactly the same: sleep, wake up, fans operating permanently on constant speed, never stop... It's really annoying, my laptop returned the weekend for the second time from lenovo service, but the problem persists.
Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 78
Kudos: 247
Solutions: 133

Re: G560 fan keeps spinning after wake up from sleep

Hi All,

The fan keeps spinning after wake up from sleep is odd. How long has it been running after wake up? I wonder if it would stop running after some times.

Also, can you share the machine info with all of us so we can know this case better?

Machine Info:

1. Machine Type Model
  2. OS (i.e. Win 7 Home Premium 64bit)
  3. Bios version
  4. Lenovo Energy Management version
  5. Intel Chipset driver
  6. Intel onboard card driver
  7. nVidia display driver

Many thanks!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Fanfold Paper
meeran

Re: Lenovo G560 issue - fan never stops

I also just noticed that my newly bought G560's fan is running at full speed most of the time, even when not doing anything. Task manager also shows CPU is always below 5%.

Even if the fan stops for a few seconds, it starts again with full speed with no reason at all and it continues to run that way most of the time !!!

I am used to working in a quieter environment, but the fan sound is really annoying !!

Please somebody help. I have the latest BIOS installed - 29CN31WW(V2.08)
Fanfold Paper
meeran

Hi,
I also just noticed that my newly bought G560's fan is always running at full speed (with max sound), even when not doing anything for longer period of time (no antivirus or nothing is running in background)
Task manager also shows CPU usage is always below 5%.
SpeedFan shows that temperature is always below 35 degree.

Even if the fan stops for a few seconds, it starts again with full speed with no reason at all and it continues to run that way most of the time !!! This happens after fresh reboot before doing any sleep.

But after resuming from sleep, the fan never stops (not even for sometime) and it always runs with full speed and sound.

I am used to working in a quieter environment, so the fan sound is really annoying !!

Please help me in getting this fixed. I have the latest BIOS - 29CN31WW(V2.08) when I bought the laptop.
If this problem is unusual, please let me know, so that I can contact the service center for repair/replacement.

Thanks a lot....
SCSI Port
spike32

I opened my G560-0679-AJU and today is my first day. If I close the lid, then open the lid, the computer comes on and the fan will not stop spinning. The fan is very loud. If there is no fix, I am going to return it to the store. Please help me with this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------
G560 0679-AJU / BIOS: 29CN38WW(V2.15) / EC 29EC34WW(V2.11) / OS: Win7 64bit / Intel Graphics: 8.15.10.2104 / Intel Chipset: 9.1.1020 / Lenovo Energy Management: 5.4.0.8 / RAM 1 chip 2GB total (Ramaxel) RMT1950MD58E8F1333 -- Which I returned because of too many issues and I now own a Dell - Message me if you want to I am here to help