Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
nsahn1

Lenovo G570 - Open and Close

I have an issue with my G570. I purchased it around August of 2011, at the start of school, and around September, I noticed that every time I opened or closed the computer, it made a little cracking noise.

It stopped after a while. Today, it began doing that again - until I noticed that there is a crack on the left-side hinge of the laptop.

I don't know whether I should tape/superglue it. As it isn't that big of a defect,  I could ignore it for now, but it could lead to later problems with the screen and I really want to resolve this now.

Thank you!

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 375
Solutions: 241

Re: Lenovo G570 - Open and Close

Hi nsahn1 and welcome to the community,

It will eventually break completely.  You need to get it fixed right away.

It's tough to get cracked plastics and cracked hinges replaced under warranty because those problems are usually attributed to user error.  I would make a call to service and see what they say.  You probably should have taken care of this back in Sept. when it first happened.  It would have been easier to get warranty for it.

Let me know how you make out.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
thitami

Re: Lenovo G570 - Open and Close

Hello everyone.
Same purchase period, same problem, unfortunately.

I have got a warranty but I am not sure about its would be acceptable by the shop.

@nsahn1 if you had feedback so far, please update the topic.

Thank you.