Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
markcomps
Accepted Solution

Lenovo G570 Screw missing

I bought Lenovo G570 a month ago...
after one week i found an open screw under it...it had been came out from backside of the notebook..region where the opening hinges of the dislpaying screen are located(near the charging port)...soon I realized that both the screws(left and right) were not there...which later caused problem while opening the screen,there comes a cracking sound everytime.
The notebook is currently under WARRANTY PERIOD, as it is only 1 MONTH OLD....
I want assistance as soon as possible…

Token Ring
thorcik

Re: Lenovo G570 Screw missing

Call Your local Lenovo support line, this qualifies for repair.
T60/T618895-W4M, UXGA, T9300, 8GB RAM, Vertex3, Intel 6300 Win8.1
R61e 7649-W1Z, T7250, Intel 6300
RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

It is very sad that you are facing this issue. Please contact Local Lenovo Support

They will help you for the same

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
just1dave

Good to see I am not the only one with this problem, my lenovo laptop case cracked also then I discovered the missing screws, it must have been a production problem. I have had this G570 for almost a year now, will lenovo take responsibility for this without me having to go without a laptop, full time college is not easy at finals time with no computer.

Paper Tape
arq09nj

im not getting any help at all :smileysad:
i had the same thing, but i replaced the screws. well our it manager did... they came back out and as the customer above same thing but now the plastic lower case is breaking apart. and im a week out of warenty typical!!!! id still like a new lower casement even if i have to buy it and install it myself...
Paper Tape
arq09nj

they wont even talk to me about the same problem because im 1 week over my warenty
What's DOS?
just1dave

I guess we all need to unite and get things fixed, as this was a problem obviously from their factory defect. What do you all think?

What's DOS?
JonathancrazyJ

I also have this problem, the top left corner screw is missing and the underside of my lenovo G570 is coming apart from the top panel, exacerbated each time i open or close the screen. I have no idea if i am still in warrenty, but my laptop is roughly 6 months old.... are we still lacking any idea of how to get a new screw?

Punch Card
mikie

My Toshiba had a similar problem.. they emailed me and offered to send a shipping box and pay the shipping to have it fixed immediately in advance, or an extended warrantee for 2 additional years. They seemed to make life simple.. probably to avoid press and gain respect.
What's DOS?
tom1r

I noticed this too and for the right side (by the charging port), all I needed to do was replace it with a #3-56 x 5/16LG screw.  The left side (by the little security lock), the part the screw goes into was completely broken off and rattling around in the case. 

So, with mine being shortly out of warranty, and for people that don't want to send it out for repair, I fixed mine by taking off the top cover, keyboard and outline, and by putting a bolt, washer, lock washer, and nut through the original hole and on top of the security lock thing.  The size I used was a M2.5 x 10mm (3/8" or 7/16" if you're going english) LG Pan head phillips machine screw if anyone wants the size.  I can still bend the cover up by hand but opening the lid doesn't look like it will break anything anymore.  So far so good:smileyhappy: