Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
t34wrj

Lenovo G570 - Sound Issues

Hello

I recently purchased a Lenovo G570 laptop. However, I am experiencing issues with the sound.

Having first received the laptop, I installed all of my 'usual' programs onto it (iTunes, Spotify, OpenOffice, etc). After doing this, I listened to some music in iTunes. At differing intervals, playback of the songs freezed momentarily whilst some sort of 'robotic' noise was temporarily emitted. This happens at least once or twice per minute.

So as to ensure that this was not a problem exclusive to iTunes, I checked whether I had the same issues using Spotify. Exactly the same problem occurred.

In order to discount any conflicting software issues, I restored the laptop to its factory condition using the backup software. However, the same issues persist.

I have installed the latest updated drivers (on each of the above installations) but this does not have any effect. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Lenovo G570 - Sound Issues

Blue Screen Again
t34wrj

Thanks for this. I updated the BIOS as soon as I set the machine up but this hasn't fixed the sound issue.

Community Moderator
yigit

can you provide sound driver & flash version you have?
also, please, try safe mode and use headphones if you have.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Blue Screen Again
t34wrj

Hi

The sound driver versions are:-
Conexant SmartAudio HD: 8.46.0.50
Intel Display Audio: 6.14.0.3074

Not sure how to work out which version of Flash I have, but I've just upgraded to the latest version but this has no effect.

Safe mode does not allow me to listen to sound as it states that no Windows Audio Services are running. I have, however, tried headphones running Windows normally, but this does not change things either.

Thanks for your help so far.
Blue Screen Again
t34wrj

To update this thread, I had seen other threads with similar problems that refer to latency issues with certain Lenovo laptops.

Having installed DPC Latency Checker , the latency is usually below 500'us' (varying between 45 and 200). However, this sometimes rises above 16000 'us'. When it rises to above 16000 'us' is when the sound problem occurs.

I'm not sure what this means but hopefully it will be helpful in diagnosing this issue.

Thanks.
Blue Screen Again
t34wrj

Having now spoken to Lenovo Technical Support, they are now picking this up tomorrow for repair.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Community Moderator
yigit

please, post back the results.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
aprimo88

Bought the same model from amazon.com, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago with the same sound issue. In fact, exactly two weeks elapsed between when I received it and discovered the sound issue, and yesterday when I received it back from the repair depot with the problem fixed. Probably would have been one day quicker if the (U.S.) Labor Day holiday (September 5) wasn't caught in the middle.

I had to call Lenovo tech support three time in two days, which was annoying, but the representatives are generally patient and have the ability to either talk you through and/or remote-access to troubleshoot. Due to the nature of my warranty, and the fact that I am in the U.S., I had to have the machine shipped to and from the repair depot in Texas, but Lenovo paid for shipping both ways. The document that accompanied the returned machine summarized the fix as having been a replacement (and subsequent testing) of the internal speakers.

Today I received a call from Lenovo tech support just to check in with me and the returned machine. What a nice touch. All in all, annoying that a brand new machine had the sound issues it did. But given that, I'm generally satisfied with tech support.

Blue Screen Again
adz_gamble

G570 sound problem while streaming.

I bought the G570 notebook last week and when I stream video or music I find that the sound seems to skip only for a second. Its not a mechanical noise it seems as if the processor is not running quick enough even though its on the 'High Performance' setting. This problem occurs both when using Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?