Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
za1407

Re: Lenovo G770: OneKey Recovery doesn't work because of resizing the C: partition?

I didn't say I will buy it. I meant, creating the discs is a reason I am sending the laptop to get fixed. 

+ I'm surprised the shipping container didn't come yet!

Fanfold Paper
za1407

Re: Lenovo G770: OneKey Recovery doesn't work because of resizing the C: partition?

[ Edited ]

Shipping container still not here! It's been 2 weeks since I called.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

Hi za1407,

I"m sorry the box is not delivered. Did you call them to address this issue? Let me know if it gets through.

Thanks!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
za1407

[ Edited ]

Yes, I called twice 1 week after another and I still didn't get it - even though I have full warranty. I created a whole new thread explaining this and it got deleted somehow (probably because someone doesn't want to see how poor Lenovo's support is).

Community Moderator
yigit

your message is deleted due to it's duplicate by one of the mods.
( there is already a thread about the issue so no need to start another thread about the same issue )

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
remco48

I have the same problem on my Z580. But I had to resize because, as strange as it is,  "C" had a bigger size as "D" !

And after resizing I upgraded with the windows 8 offer.

All I would want is to make a multiboot with the upgraded Win8 and the original Win 7 (OEM).

Anyone with suggestions how I can reach the original OEM??

I did not remove the files on "D" , but did remove OKR because it seemed not compatible with Win8 and the fresh install did command it. However there is no OKR compatible with Win8 as it seems.

Remco.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Hi remco and welcome to the community,

You can't reach the OEM because the windows 8 upgrade overwrote it.

The only way you would be able to dualboot 8 and 7 is to make a second partition and install win 7 from a retail disc or an image.  You would then use the win 7 key on your laptop to activate the win 7 install.

Win 8 uses its own recovery and restore utilities from within the Control Panel.  There's a heading named Windows 7 File Recovery.   There is also a heading called Recovery that will create a system drive that can be used as a repair or refresh of win 8.

At this point, seeing as how you resized partitions, you would have to save a backup image onto an external hard drive in order to use the Windows 7 file recovery.  You would also have to burn a system repair disc in order to boot to the utilities to restore the image that you saved.   

If you go into Computer C:  you should see a folder titled Windows Old.  That's where Win 8 put Win 7.  You can view the programs in there, but they won't install or work.  You can get rid of that folder in Disc cleanup and gain some hard drive space back.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
jonsuh

By chance, do you have recovery disc for g770.
I have similar issue and don't know where to get it.

Thanks